Wraptor talk

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell is your problem, You on act like you a frigging expert at everything. Guess I should bow down to the master.

Everyone else should not even be on this board we don't need anyone but your opinion, right..

You don't know a damn thing about me and yet you are threatened by me for some reason.

Back to the wraptor, no more BS

Last edited:
What the hell is your problem, You on act like you a frigging expert at everything. Guess I should bow down to the master.

Everyone else should not even be on this board we don't need anyone but your opinion, right..

You don't know a damn thing about me and yet you are threatened by me for some reason.

Back to the wraptor, no more BS

Just busting on ya....don't take yourself so serious:greenchainsaw:

Shame y'all are taking this so seriously.

The Wraptor is a great device at a reasonable price. Nothing more, but nothing less. I'm proud of Paul and the work he's done to make it, and proud to have had the privilege of seeing it grow from the ground floor. :cheers:

As for the forums.. every one of them has its own flavor. If you don't like what's on the menu, pick a different restaurant. Simple as that.

Last edited:
It has been a blessing watching and learning all the working of the gizmo.

And how quickly it has been developed. All the best to Paul and Ropetek.

Shame y'all are taking this so seriously.

The Wraptor is a great device at a reasonable price. Nothing more, but nothing less. I'm proud of Paul and the work he's done to make it, and proud to have had the privilege of seeing it grow from the ground floor. :cheers:

As for the forums.. every one of them has its own flavor. If you don't like what's on the menu, pick a different restaurant. Simple as that.

I agree. We like to mix it up a little here maybe even go off on a rant or tangent or 2. Gets the post count up and hey if you don't get over a thousand views...why bother.

Best of luck to Paul. I know he has a lot invested in this and it is a winner in my book fwiw.

The Wraptor sounds really interesting...

......I think I'll buy when the Wraptor II comes out.:)

He told me he was on "about the 15th version" of it so you may have to settle for Wraptor XVI. I think he is settled into this one tho. (you may be kidding like as in Predator I and II in a movie and it just flew over my head....?)

I like the closed tie in false crotch on mine and I think that is a new development. (not sure though)

the fumes are being blown right into the air you are inhaling. ...This device will help reduce hip and joint failure, but increase lung issues. Its a trade off, that can be resolved by designing it electrically powered.
You can mitigate the lung issues by wearing a respirator, leaning into the wind, or just back away from it. I am very protective of my damaged lungs but do not see this as an issue. Earplugs are necessary PPE imo.

You can hold your breath for most of the ascent.--when you smell fumes, exhale! Mountain out of a molehill. Speaking of which, there is no honor in the :welcome: eternal hissing contest. Not enough room on the planet for those two mountainous egos, and way too much time wasted :bang: by the rest of us wading through the hiss.

Re locking up, I double-lock that sucker!

This device certainly should contribute to the elimination of spiking while pruning. Utilities and others that cannot do the job without them may change their minds if they have a Wraptor in the truck.

What ya gonna do when your throwline goes a bit off and lands across the three-phase? Have you climbed around power much, and do you understand safe limits of approach, for both di-electrically tested and untested tools?

Not hacking on you, just asking.

Posted by Treevet:
I was right as well about your arrogant behavior and know it all attitude that had led to the banning of most of your high level members on your own forum by dictator you and likely had to do with the demise of your marriage.

Hey Treevet,
Part of having ownership of something is the right to do what you please when you please with the object you own, So I put it to you treevet what Ekka does on his own website is he's business and none of yours.

As far as mentioning this mans personal business on a public forum in the manor you have to try and gain the upper hand in an incoherent rant that you displayed throughout this thread! is an utter disgrace...shame treevet !

The people that were banned on Ekkas website brought about their own demise by attacking the man, just like you did he on this thread, where is your decency! you boast your an ex marine do you kick a downed soldier in the guts when hes wounded ?.

I looked upon your on-line persona as a friend, now all I see is some one who would shake your hand while stabbing you in guts. treevet what happen to you? Its not nice when people get personal is it mr huff n puff !

Last edited:
Marines are Marines, Army has soldiers, just thought I would clear that up. :hmm3grin2orange:

What ya gonna do when your throwline goes a bit off and lands across the three-phase? Have you climbed around power much, and do you understand safe limits of approach, for both di-electrically tested and untested tools?

Not hacking on you, just asking.

Use it judicially of course, and yeah I have climbed and continue to climb around power plenty.

Posted by Treevet:

Hey Treevet,
Part of having ownership of something is the right to do what you please when you please with the object you own, So I put it to you treevet what Ekka does on his own website is he's business and none of yours.

As far as mentioning this mans personal business on a public forum in the manor you have to try and gain the upper hand in an incoherent rant that you displayed throughout this thread! is an utter disgrace...shame treevet !

The people that were banned on Ekkas website brought about their own demise by attacking the man, just like you did he on this thread, where is your decency! you boast your an ex marine do you kick a downed soldier in the guts when hes wounded ?.

I looked upon your on-line persona as a friend, now all I see is some one who would shake your hand while stabbing you in guts. treevet what happen to you? Its not nice when people get personal is it mr huff n puff !

Whatever JayD, and no....no "mr. huff n puff (smoke marijuana?.....isn't ThAT a personal attack?) ....21st year of sobriety.

Someone someday will go battery operated on this. I dont like the idea of a groundie lowering me. Most of us arent/werent blessed with groundies who know which left hand is thier left hand. I am not busting on this tool only saying just think how many green freaks would buy it to play with if it ran off batteries. Summer camps, fire rescue, rock climbers . There is a big market for this tool, expand it with a battery powered model. I was telling my wife last night how many times I've had lunch in a tree because I didnt want to climb it again. This thing would have let me eat on the ground. My god looking back at how hard it was. I know all of you who have been in it awhile know what i'm talking about. I think this thing is the ####! Heck I may buy one myself so I can climb some more. I may wait on the battery model.;)

I think it looks like a great device indeed.

I worked on a crew with four climbers for a bit, doing alot of throwline footlock type pruning. I could see where a crew like that could really benefit from such a device.

How many of your saws are powered buy batteries? All the arguments for electric apply to them also.They may be eventually but we live and work in today.

You do not have to be lowered buy a ground man when using the Wraptor it has a tie in point built on to it.

Dave

How many of your saws are powered buy batteries? All the arguments for electric apply to them also.They may be eventually but we live and work in today.

You do not have to be lowered buy a ground man when using the Wraptor it has a tie in point built on to it.

Dave

I get your point I am not arguing that it should be replaced by a battery unit. I am saying it should be complimented by a battery unit :). Women dont use gas powered vibrators do they?

Dave

again, there is a difference between smoking two packs a day versus one. and again, the chainsaw is not held so close to your face when operating, this device is. the chainsaw topic is a whole other issue that we could discuss design and health related issues, but this is based on a the wraptor. we should be aiming for less damage to ourselves, not more.

I find it sad that some of you care more about the health of woody plants than your own health. This is a topic that should not be brushed under the rug. Ive seen all the effects of what climbing can do to a person over time. I have quite a few employees that have worked for me over the years that have hips replaced, knees replaced, can never climb again and have trouble just walking. Some of the best climbers that ever worked for me are now in their 60's-80's. and because of what they did day in and day out are now suffering. They all wish they could of used methods to increase longevity of their health. Climb for 30-40 yrs with the methods we have/had available you will be a joint faliure stastic, it's inevitable.

Climb every day with a gas powered device attached to right in front of your mouth and you will have respiratory issues, maybe not right away, or even ten years away, but when you are trying to enjoy life at reitirement.

Hip replacment surgery is easy, can be reconstructed by man made materials and fairly common. The only option we have if we screw up our lungs is a transplant and they currently base the surgery a success if your new lungs last over 3 years. pretty sad isnt it?

I am not trying to take anything away from this device, as stated in an earlier post, I believe these types of devices will become the future of tree care. I just feel it would be much wiser designed electically powered.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back