Ya Never Know What You'll Find.........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what I am finding amazing: the wash is essentially all on one side of the piston. This has transfers on both sides of the cylinder yes?

Fake what? The saw? Naw........just a rebuild by an inexperienced feller using less than ideal parts.

We see this stuff a lot.

Ever seen a knockoff chainsaw? I know they have close fakes but curious if there has ever been an exact knockoff under a companies brand name before. It happens a lot in electronics and of course clothing. What about chainsaws?

In this case I'm thinking the "builder" was trying to get away as cheap as possible and had no idea what he was doing. I can't find any markings on these bearings at all. They probably were for a roller skate or something. :laugh:

I've seen generics like those on ebay for about $2 each. There's a reason they're $2 each.

another one of Tom's saws i see
post-jbweld.jpg

Sounds to me like he's raping himself!:msp_scared:

If you look at from another perspective it makes perfect sense to do it this way. Jon can split a case, clean those parts and have it back together in an hour. Who wouldn't work for 50.00 an hour?

Also it allows guys with saws that would be scrapped to get them back in wood.......with a ported saw.

At 300.00 plus parts it's a fair price for both parties.

We get so many repeat customers you wouldn't believe it.........

If you look at from another perspective it makes perfect sense to do it this way. Jon can split a case, clean those parts and have it back together in an hour. Who wouldn't work for 50.00 an hour?

Also it allows guys with saws that would be scrapped to get them back in wood.......with a ported saw.

At 300.00 plus parts it's a fair price for both parties.

We get so many repeat customers you wouldn't believe it.........

It's usually SRO at the glory holes in Tennessee...

Back