Ya Never Know What You'll Find.........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could that hole in bottom of crankcase be used for draining the crankcase Oil ?

The hole in the crankcase was intentional too stop any problems with flooding.

Those holes in the case are to let the balls out when they grenaded.

I know you boys are all joking, but a vent or drain in a 2 stroke crankcase isn't entirely unheard of. The old 1960's era Johnson and Evinrude snowmobiles had a crankcase drain that was used to lubricate the exposed drive chain between the secondary clutch and the front drive axle of the track. Oil just dripped out on the chain from a preformed tube. Of course, 16 to 1 oil mix with SAE 30 left plenty of oil left over for lubricating other parts of the machine.

If you look at from another perspective it makes perfect sense to do it this way. Jon can split a case, clean those parts and have it back together in an hour. Who wouldn't work for 50.00 an hour?

Also it allows guys with saws that would be scrapped to get them back in wood.......with a ported saw.

At 300.00 plus parts it's a fair price for both parties.

We get so many repeat customers you wouldn't believe it.........

with value like that, I'm sure it leads to many saw being shipped long distances to capitalize on the opportunity have their saw not only receive a expert rebuild, but a port job that will provide them with a saw they cannot duplicate locally or even within their own country!:rock:

If you look at from another perspective it makes perfect sense to do it this way. Jon can split a case, clean those parts and have it back together in an hour. Who wouldn't work for 50.00 an hour?

Also it allows guys with saws that would be scrapped to get them back in wood.......with a ported saw.

At 300.00 plus parts it's a fair price for both parties.

We get so many repeat customers you wouldn't believe it.........

wonder why that is?:D

No rush for me Randy, and thanks for posting this build. It is strangely gratifying to follow a thread about your own saw. I figured this one needed some help. I must say I was surprised as to the extent though. On a side note, here is a pic of my squirrel, his name is also Randy. Cute little bugger, aye?

DSC07385_zps3bbefbc9.jpg

I've taken sealed bearings out of old Pioneers and they looked to be OEM. GM used model 203 sealed bearings in alternators and air conditioners for years with no problems. Those things run 100,000 miles at 3000+ avg. rpms . With the differences in pulley sizes, RPMs were probably a lot higher at the alternator.
That being said, I would prefer open bearings.

Latest posts

Back