You guys rock!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LANNY

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just finished 2 Shaver installs. One for me and one for my son at his house. I can't begin to stress how much help the info on this forum was. From preparing the pad, to insulating, to mods, to wiring the thermostat, It was all here, available with a simple search. I tried not to post a bunch of bull, but had to a little. Thanks to all for invaluable info,FREE, and better than I could get even from the manufacturer..And by the way, 2 installs in a week is a bit too much! But we both love the Shaver.....Lanny:clap:

Well yer welcome (If I had anything to do with it:confused:)
If not, your still welcome, LOL

It's also nice that Shaver is online with us and is available to comment and put our ideas to future use. A big pat on the back for Fletcher for a lot of his insight and posts.

I know I had nothing to do with your installs ,but I'm thinking that the members here which for the most part are great guys would always be willing to lend a helping hand.
WTG AS!

Hey man! Glad to see you made it out alive.

I thought you got pinned underneath that thing, when you were trying to unload it. LOL!

How'd you end up getting it off the trailer and on your pad?

So what mods did you do?

I think we all enjoy tinkering with these things try to come up with ways to make them even more efficient.

Thanks for worrying about me windwalker. I caught a local guy with an affinity for spirits going by on his tractor with a big hay spike, made a transaction and stood back, way back. It was scary indeed, but he got it set,barely. Gotta give Shaver credit for the main mod. My son and I both bought the draft fan solenoid from them, installed. Seems to exceed our expectations. But the most ingenious was the little elbow on the overflow. Waited a few days, using water and steaming the whole time, and then installed that, WOW. No more water use, barely any! Other than that just a little insulation. May later do the thermostat thing, but for now I dont know if I need it. Also put on a remote thermometer with two probes. Use it less every day, If the fan is not running, its going to be the same temp mostly....Lanny

You should be good to go!

There's something kinda nice about turning up the thermostat in the house and enjoying the heat without worrying about using up heating oil or propane.

Puts a smile on my face everytime I come in from outside, on a cold day, and feel the warmth when I walk in the door.

Back