You guys seen this one yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ansehnlich1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey this pic is posted over on ********** and I thought I'd put it out here on this site and see what you all have to say?

Have you seen it before? Is it real? Anybody got any information on where it happened?

100_0439.jpg

Game over and mamma is cutting off the quarter supply. That looks really wierd. I can't deceipher what type of notch was being used.

I had 300 gals of heating oil spilled into my house last October. We are just now getting it back together. I feel sorry for the people who live there. I don't think you can fix that.

Last edited:
They notched it looks like it twisted about 45 degrees from the notch looks like they cut too far into the holding wood side away from the house. You can see the notch in RFtreemans link.

Honey

I've decided to sell the boat so you can get the spa you want.

I love you very much.

============

Other than that, He's toast.

I work in Demolition. This picture reminds me of something that we would do to a house about to be track-hoed to death. However the one thing that makes me think it might be real is: those windows look rather new. If that were to be demo'd I would certainly have removed every window in the house. Who know, hope it is just a hoax picture of a house that was going to be taken down anyways. If not: poor poor guy.

They notched it looks like it twisted about 45 degrees from the notch looks like they cut too far into the holding wood side away from the house. You can see the notch in RFtreemans link.

I was think the same thing. We don't know what was going on but the notch is now pointed to the house and the limb still on the tree is pointing away. That would mean the limb still on the trunk was over the house during the cut?

Maybe it just fell and what we are seeing is just the shots of the guys cutting it off the stump? maybe the notch we see was made to alleviate spring tension?

Last edited:
I work in Demolition. This picture reminds me of something that we would do to a house about to be track-hoed to death. However the one thing that makes me think it might be real is: those windows look rather new. If that were to be demo'd I would certainly have removed every window in the house. Who know, hope it is just a hoax picture of a house that was going to be taken down anyways. If not: poor poor guy.

I get that everyonce in awhile. I dropped something like this by request ( not quite as big) on a house under demo. They had a hoe to get it out no problem. Maybe that is what happened. I was surprised how nice the house that they wear tearing down was.

root pull

The two other photos show a substantial root pull from the deck side. You can see this in the first photo too.

It appears:
1) A small amount hinge wood was left on the side needed for strength to hold the tree as stated earlier.

2) Back-cut was reverse from what it should have been to counter the root pull / tree lean. Regardless of technique, the deck side of the back-cut should have been cut first, wedges established, then cut toward the hinge gingerly.

With regard to Open Face technique here:
The height of the face was short by Open Face standards but does not appear to have had any effect.
The hinge size opposite the lean is unacceptable by everyone's standards.
I would suggest a boring back-cut is less desirable here as it requires a perfect feel for the needed hinge. A standard back-cut gives the faller information on what is needed during the wedge - cut - wedge - cut process near the finish.

========

Only PPE appears to be Ear Muffs.

No rope or cable visible.

Last edited:
Back