You Know you are a Hack when...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you know you are a hack when you say you can't work the tips by climbing.

seeing a pickup with the front wheels on the the ground and the rear wheels four foot of the ground,,, tied into a 90 foot oak with 40 foot of cable....OOPS...

luckily the tree fell back into another tree !!!!! LOL

seeing a pickup with the front wheels on the the ground and the rear wheels four foot of the ground,,, tied into a 90 foot oak with 40 foot of cable....OOPS...

luckily the tree fell back into another tree !!!!! LOL

Where is the camera when you need it:hmm3grin2orange:

O man that is cold but in this day and age with new climbing gear and methods and pole tools, it is very true. You raised the bar pretty high for this site, but that's where it belongs, I agree.:cheers:

You are the exception to the rule of old dogs and tricks Guy. :laugh:

I can still picture the last day we worked your ice storm, and I was getting sick from som'thn I et. I look over an there you are, 20 years older then me and shimmying up the central lead of a 70 ft willow oak, on a cold wet day. It sucks seeing the young fellahs with more vigor!

you know your a hack when

you know your a hack when you keep fence rails in your polesaw bin:hmm3grin2orange:

You are the exception to the rule of old dogs and tricks Guy. :laugh:

I can still picture the last day we worked your ice storm, and I was getting sick from som'thn I et. I look over an there you are, 20 years older then me and shimmying up the central lead of a 70 ft willow oak, on a cold wet day. It sucks seeing the young fellahs with more vigor!

Is this true Guy? Good man.

I make good cuts, but I climb with spurs always, I'll settle for 1/2 hack. Anyways, a hack that works hard still gets my respect, hard work is not very common these days.

I make good cuts, but I climb with spurs always, I'll settle for 1/2 hack. Anyways, a hack that works hard still gets my respect, hard work is not very common these days.
hay clearance r ya hungry? you know what im talkin about!:deadhorse:

I think it is not a few feet of bark, but if there are small tears on most of your cuts. Those tears are past the branch protection zone and into the trunk/stem whatnot.

You know your a hack; if you never work the tips of a the tree

Working the tips, my words to a T
You know your a hack when your Tree ad in the newspaper also includes Roto tilling & Cleaning out garages, Oh yeah, and will beat all written estimates.

I'll lay my hand on my truck and swear it for you ;)

It was the last day I was to be down there for that cycle of work, and was feeling downright lousy. I was dragging myself through the tree, and turn around and see the "old guy" doing a stem shimmy to set his line higher. Oh, and he is a cancer survivor.

It was the motivation I needed to get through the tree, though I heard later that I missed a hanger or something and he had to go back for it. d'Oh!

you might be a hack if you think sterilizing your gaffs between pruning is proper tree care

I know you've seen this...

You know you're a hack if you move your chainsaw back and forth like a handsaw when cutting through a log.

You know you're a hack if you move your chainsaw back and forth like a handsaw when cutting through a log.

Watching people do that is about as irratating as people "blipping" there throttle while walking around. Makes no sence.

Watching people do that is about as irratating as people "blipping" there throttle while walking around. Makes no sence.

That's like watching anyone riding a Harley through a parking lot. I always ask the guys at work if their carb is loading up. One guy told me it's fuel injected it doesn't have a carb. I said oh by they way you were blipping the throttle I thought it was loading up. He still didn't get it.

Scott

Latest posts

Back