Your # 1 frankensaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob066

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
My #1most frankensaw I own is made from thre saws. It has half of an 064 case half of a 066 case and a 660 cylinder. This girl is one heck of a firewood saw and has been runing four years now. I wouldnt trade it for nothing it has been so reliable. It has made money for me hand over fist.

I perfered the 066 pto side case over the 064 side. The reason why is that it is drilled through th case vs the rubber tube. Plus it is easier to get an oil pump if you have a failure.

The 066 and 064 cases I've encountered will not mate up at the forward gasket surface of the oil tank. The 066 I'm familiar with has an increased oil capacity.
Not trying to knock your saw, I'm working on an 064 which i s a mixture of parts ;) When do we get pics?

Don't have one. Closest thing was a 44 Husky I bought for $10 @ a thrift store. Looked like it had been in the yard since it was new. Runs like a banshee.
Shep

Don't have one. Closest thing was a 44 Husky I bought for $10 @ a thrift store. Looked like it had been in the yard since it was new. Runs like a banshee.
Shep

Thats what mine is almost.Bought off e-bay for $20.00 a 1979 Husky 44 Rancher with a 1985 handle/tank asembley,1980 clutch cover,a 140 Husky rebuilt recoil starter,ring from Greece,a 1983 muffler gutted and piped,carb off I don't know what year 44,aftermarket seals,top cover from a 1985,3/4 inch tall air filter from a 1986 and the coil I don't know what year except the wire for the on/off switch that conects to the coil is fried off so choke stops only.It has aftermarket parts in the carb to.Saw runs perfect after porting of course:hmm3grin2orange: No pic but heres a video of it I think 13 inch dead red oak and this is a limbing saw:msp_smile:

[video=youtube;94CzMB_hbGo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94CzMB_hbGo[/video]

Poulan 3400 mixed with a 4000. Great sleeper saw.

My burnt 044 I got off of ebay. Has a 440 tank, so its the typical screw oil cap and flippy gas cap.:msp_thumbup:
I have seen one like that somewhere.Oh yeah my B/B muffler modded 044 12mm.This must look just like yours:hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

036 frankensaw

This is my 036 that is actually four other saws in one. Nelson tree service made this one possible for me, three blown up saw and one that a tree fell on. The cylinder is from the saw that a tree fell on, only one fin is busted off. The rest was the best of each of the others to make a complete saw. This saw is my primary Maclura pomifera, (Osage-orange) hedge cutting saw, lots of power and a 16in bar for the tough wood. Chains do not last that long so the short bar keeps cost down.View attachment 226211View attachment 226212View attachment 226213.

I have seen one like that somewhere.Oh yeah my B/B muffler modded 044 12mm.This must look just like yours:hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

Hey my one 460 mag is the opposite of that..it has the screw fuel cap and flip oil cap...and its the best running 460 i got for some reason...and it has the most hours on it. And my other franken saw is the 365/372/372xpBB, and the 044BB i built for my boss...and it looks like yours with the 440 tank.

Hey my one 460 mag is the opposite of that..it has the screw fuel cap and flip oil cap...and its the best running 460 i got for some reason...and it has the most hours on it. And my other franken saw is the 365/372/372xpBB, and the 044BB i built for my boss...and it looks like yours with the 440 tank.

Cool mix of caps....

Back