Your first post

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first AS post was a question about the price for a load of tan oak logs.

What was yours?

"Getting ready to build a vertical log splitter (I know, I know..... would be cheaper to buy full up unit but I have a new in the crate Yanmar L100AE and access to free/really cheap steel and other resources and I want a 30" capacity)
Looking at a 5" x 30" cylinder but the prices vary by quite a bit- from around $400 for the low end (Maxim brand I believe?) to around $800 for a welded Prince Gladiator for example.

My question is the added expense for the higher quality needed/worth it?

Oh yeah..... new to the forum/first post. Howdy."

mine was thanking everyone for posting and for the site. Because I bought a 372xp based off of what I read. Thanks again. Great saw.

"Getting ready to build a vertical log splitter (I know, I know..... would be cheaper to buy full up unit but I have a new in the crate Yanmar L100AE and access to free/really cheap steel and other resources and I want a 30" capacity)
Looking at a 5" x 30" cylinder but the prices vary by quite a bit- from around $400 for the low end (Maxim brand I believe?) to around $800 for a welded Prince Gladiator for example.

My question is the added expense for the higher quality needed/worth it?

Oh yeah..... new to the forum/first post. Howdy."
Check this one out... 4" rod means fast return.
http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydrau...ulic-Cylinders/5x32-5x4-DA-HYD-CYL-9-9519.axd

It was looking for information on intermediate supports for downhill yarding with a skyline. I didn't get much info. In fact, I don't think I got any. But the loggers figured it out, and very little damage occurred. Anytime downhill yarding is done, production is cut in half and damage increases.

Back