Youtube's "Wood Slayer"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember that he is using safety chain and the good old 029 is cutting as slow as a wet week which may suggest a low level of experience and expertise.
He's also taken a leaf out of Ax-Men with all the dramatic music.
Sorry but I didn't look for the second part. If he spent as much time cutting as he did editing that video he'd have worn out five 029's.
Thanks for the link though :cheers:

Last edited:
Just watched it again and saw his first lot of felling cuts at 4:55 - way too deep, overcut every cut, completely missed his "sighting" cut, then hacked away at it like a Somalian with a machete. That confirmed it, he is a way better video editor than tree feller. The most concerning part is that he was proud enough to upload that video meaning he "thinks" he knows what he's doing. Those people frighten me...

I have a good size uprooted oak that I am going to tackle on Monday. Maybe I should video my work on it with my saws and Monster Maul.

Nice job on the video...just shows the power of some good media.

I think I will send him a loop of RSC .

hey, never said this was pro quality cutting, just some videos that someone put some time into to show what he does........

sorry, I'll take the power of the maul and go home now, I'll never share my GI Joe's again with any of you!!!!! :msp_tongue:

hey, never said this was pro quality cutting, just some videos that someone put some time into to show what he does........

sorry, I'll take the power of the maul and go home now, I'll never share my GI Joe's again with any of you!!!!! :msp_tongue:

I enjoyed the video flyank.He`s got a beautiful spot there.He`s out in the woods with his family enjoying his property.He never said he was a pro.So what if he uses a 029.Thanks for sharing it..:)

Hey no hard feelings. I just get a bit critical sometimes when I see guys like that making videos portraying themselves in the light they do - you can tell by some of the comments to his Youtube video that many guys think he's an expert at what he does, which he's not :cheers:
He is a LONG way off being the worst guy on Youtube portraying himself as an expert though :)

I've got absolutely nothing against 029's (unless you have to pull one down ;) ). His saw sounded like it was running fine it just wasn't cutting very well at all.

The dude is a HOMEOWNER on his property.He`s obviously not a pro.He made a nice video of himself and his family cutting wood together.Not everybody cuts wood for a living. I would rather rebuild a clamshel than split a case.Not everyone needs a pro saw.Actually, the saw sounded pretty good.

Pretty polished editing. Nice piece of property and lots of wood.

Not bad

and as MCW says there are a lot worse when it comes to people portraying themselves as experts.

Here's a scary one for those that haven't seen how bad it can get.

[video=youtube;7rnon9_qAAg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rnon9_qAAg[/video]

yeah, I've seen some of those "expert village" vids... :msp_scared:

sorry... didn't mean to bring up a huge debate but just like Fatjoe said, just showing a well laid out video showing a guy and his family on some nice land.. :cheers:

Wow, very well produced "survivorman" style vid. Shows a weekend wood warrior doing what he loves with his family. His daughter helping him get the chaps on was adorable.

Looks like the typical stihl 290 owner profile= homeowner. It is actually a really great video and at least he is out in the woods doing something rather than sitting at home, eating chips and watching TV or typing on a computer. I have seen worse face cuts and stumps felled by real pros. Most are pros are just smart enough not to show it on youtube or quickly flush the stump to hide the evidence so they don’t get too much of a ribbing. Not like I have ever done anything like that.

It was a nicely done vid. I agree, he needs to sharpen his chain and watch his face cut a little better. But, for what its worth, he did just fine. Not everyone is an expert and/or has the endless supply of valuable techniques and info of this website at hand. I say he did just fine. I've seen A LOT worse, hell, I've done worse!

Speaking of worse, Expert Village vid. 'Here you can see the notch' - What notch? Thats basically a widened kerf.

And whats with the angled back cut? I see a ton of stumps around here that have that tail on them. I don't get it.

Back