Youtube's "Wood Slayer"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey, never said this was pro quality cutting, just some videos that someone put some time into to show what he does........

sorry, I'll take the power of the maul and go home now, I'll never share my GI Joe's again with any of you!!!!! :msp_tongue:

Dont worry they all gotta nit pick someone elses hard work. Im surprised i didnt hear about that non pro 029 saw he was using.

Not a theory.The first saw I rebuilt was a clamshell.I still feel rebuilding a clamshell from crank up is easier than tearing down and rebuilding a split case saw.Why do people think working on a clamshell is so difficult.Yes, throwing a piston and rings in an 044 is easy, but a total rebuild in either saw is a project.And yes, i`ve rebuilt both.My opinion, a clamshell is easier.Maybe not smarter, but easier.

Hey I'm not talking just any clamshell, I've rebuilt clamshells too and I agree, they're no big deal... BUT... the 029/290 just isn't your average clamshell. It's way harder and this is even acknowledged by Stihl dealers. There is a reason why dealers squeal like a little girl and run and hide when somebody wants major work done to their 029 or MS290 :cheers:

Last edited:
Dont worry they all gotta nit pick someone elses hard work. Im surprised i didnt hear about that non pro 029 saw he was using.

Just for your own knowledge I'm not nitpicking the fact that he chops wood, simply the way he portrayed himself in his Hollywood style video. Less editing would have made it tolerable - if it would have been a simple "this is my day" video it would be fine and a big thumbs up from me but to add all the editing and other BS was over the top. Anybody that tries to turn a simple day's cutting (that 95% of AS members do on a regular basis) into a Hollywood blockbuster has got some issues as far as I'm concerned. Sometimes less is more.

Also anybody that says an 029 is a crap saw is an idiot. Maybe non pro but those things are one tough saw.

Just for your own knowledge I'm not nitpicking the fact that he chops wood, simply the way he portrayed himself in his Hollywood style video. Less editing would have made it tolerable - if it would have been a simple "this is my day" video it would be fine and a big thumbs up from me but to add all the editing and other BS was over the top. Anybody that tries to turn a simple day's cutting (that 95% of AS members do on a regular basis) into a Hollywood blockbuster has got some issues as far as I'm concerned. Sometimes less is more.

Also anybody that says an 029 is a crap saw is an idiot. Maybe non pro but those things are one tough saw.

Sounds like your jealous....

The man can make a video, and he's like 95%+ of the guys who use saws.

Looks like he got enough wood made to keep him and his family warm and toasty last winter eh?

I remember a day when I would have gave my eye teeth for a Farmboss!

Normal firewood cutters run the snot out of those dudes, and they keep putting wood out for the stove.

But this IS the Arboristsite, so a true pro has the right to critic anothers methods/skills. Hell I have learned many things that I have been doing wrong.

And if it saves one injury then it is worth any :buttkick:

[video=youtube;7rnon9_qAAg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rnon9_qAAg[/video][/QUOTE]

This man was doomed from the start. Disreguard his small facecut and his steeply angled backcut. He is wearing a choker :alien2:

Back