Yukon Eagle Indoor Wood Furnace

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thing i never liked about newmac is the wood/oil are burned in a separate chamber, i like the oil in the same one as the wood to light the wood. but newmac has a pretty good name going for them too.

That is handy bit it causes all kinds of problems down the road. One of the biggest issues with a set up like that is that the oil burner nozzle will easily get plugged up with ash/creosote. etc not to mention the electrodes. I think this is why most manufacturers are going with the separate chamber.

well the yukon ones have a separate thimble that the oil is injected into then it is fired into the chamber after. I've never had a problem with the nozzle or theelectrodes since i got the furnace 30 years ago.

I agree that most of those older wood/oils had burner issues.
Yukon's burner is not located in the firebox yet it does shoot a flame into the box to light the wood.
I have some expierence with them for 11 years now and I find that a general tune like any other oil furnace and your good to go.

Latest posts

Back