359 port timing numbers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You would gain more torque if you had a way to cut the base and chamber. I really think the ported 359 comes alive once compression goes over 185. Use the port timing numbers mentioned above and you will still get a good running saw. Also, if no one has mentioned it, loose the plastic clamp on the intake and replace it with a steel one.

Thanks elect
Another question I have is do I polish the exhaust I have small buffers and also have flitz polish???

I have the exhaust at 102 now.
I'm at the intake now and will say that it's a lot harder to get in there being smaller and the angle you have to look at it.

make sure you trim down the transfer screws before putting them back in. raise the transfers don't widen them at all. most important make sure they open precisely at the same time.
This is more important then a couple of degrees of duration. 26 squish will be good don't worry, also you don't have to go crazy wide on the in a ex ports 65% is plenty.

make sure the cat is out of the muffler or at least defeated.

lets see some vid already.

david

image.jpg The 4 screws that hold the covers on you mean???
I am just taking 1/8" off of the intake and exhaust sides for the width is it enough????
Just emery cothed sanded for now until I finish it

I think I'm that saw you will be ok but 3/16 could be too much. Next saw lets measure and calculate.

image.jpg i think I have a problem when squaring the intake I never heard anyone say about the piston skirt taper in and I never thought about it till now I might have screwed it what do you think

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    783.4 KB · Views: 29
I wi
I meant how many degrees is that little corner open? You could devcon the intake and fix that.
I will check the degree on it
not sure if I can get my hands on devcon but liquid steel at cana
I meant how many degrees is that little corner open? You could devcon the intake and fix that.
83.5* I don't think I can get my hands on devcon but Would Liquid Steel work I could even put solder there with a torch I think

83.5* I don't think I can get my hands on devcon but Would Liquid Steel work I could even put solder there with a torch I think

Back