Can you use the Husky Roller Guide on RSC?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Besides the obvious risk of causing a rift in the space/time continuum by combing a Husqvarna product with something made by Stihl, will it be OK to use my 3/8" guide on my RSC chain?

I dont think so, in Sweden, they they line the partials up differently in there chains as they do in Germany. Attempting to file a German chain with a Swedish tool would surely trigger a nuclear chain reaction. Fission will take place and you and everybody within a 5 mile radius will perish immediately. Many many more will succumb to the radiation...

I use one on RSC. The angles are slighty off but it does help keep the file at a good height. Just follow the witness marks if you would like to keep the factory top plate angle.

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=90267&highlight=husky+roller+guide

Basically yes, but you need to slightly adjust the slots in the guide. As it is, it will put the file a tad too high for a new RSC. I modded one for RSC back in 2004 - but seldom use the guides at all for the teeth by now, only for the rakers.

Back