Chain question for the brain trust.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll try them just because you like them!! LOL
How yah been old Friend? We miis yah too!! Been married 25 years today!! Anequs just said " you didn't have to leave AS just because I did!" LOL
Hi Bobby, and congratulations! Say hi to Ruthann. I'm not around much but I stick my nose in once in a while.

Things are good in Greenland, Niko :)

This illustration (from Oregon) shows the offset better. Some guys make this gap larger or smaller depending upon the type of wood they are cutting, they way their saw handles, personal preference, etc. One of the advantages of sharpening your own chain is that you can experiment to see what works best for you, your saw(s), and the cutting that you do.

Philbert

View attachment 366590

Don't forget that the "offset" (raker setting) needs to be increased as the cutter is filed back, to maintain the angle of attack. The Husky raker guides (and the Carlton FOP) are progressive, and take that into account.

Don't forget that the "offset" (raker setting) needs to be increased as the cutter is filed back, to maintain the angle of attack. The Husky raker guides (and the Carlton FOP) are progressive, and take that into account.
Lol - VX / PX cutters are so short I don't know that it matters!

Back