Cold Enough?? What's your temperature today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 right now wind chill -18 schools are closed kids are home.:msp_w00t:

17°f here in the land of Oz ... the weather Wizards are predicting single digits for the next couple of nights, about time, after all it is Winter!

-26 C this morning. No windchill yet but ever when temp goes up windchill will increased as the wind pick up.

If i recall correctly C and F match up close to -40.

Farenheit and Celsius are the same at -40. Have felt that twice and don't really need to again.

Woke up to 10* here. Super windy. It was down to 74 in my house this morning. My wife was freezing...lol

It only got down to -17 below with wind chills of -31.. The OWB shows 172 degrees at 4:30. Let the dog out so I tossed in a few chunks of old punky stuf ontop of the hot coals. Too cold to be outside for very long so I thought I'd support the church. Poured a little Christian Brothers in the coffee and turned on the news.

now i know it is getting cold out! loaded my woodstove at 9:30 temps in the house at 74. when i woke up at 6 it was cold in the house! got all the way down to 68:msp_biggrin: stoke the coals and it will be back in no time.

was 11 out this morning with some wind going. not as cold as some of you guys but cold enough for me.

Same as yesterday and for the last week +24. It is supposed to be the last day of the inversion. I think we will go up and ski in the sun for the last time today. It'll be in or close to the 50s at 6000 feet elevation.

4 out right now. -15 WC

Same here. Was 2 this morning, up to 4 right now, -15 wind chill. I put wood in the furnace, in the basement last night at midnight. House temp usually right at 72-73. Got up at 7:00am, house was 69. Went down put some wood in, and with in 15-20 minutes temp was back up to normal. I love wood heat!! :)

Gregg,

-22f here in central mn, the coldest night of the season so far. I woke up last night at 3am and had to open up the front door of the house for a while. The thermometer read 82 degrees, a bit too warm to sleep. I knew it was going to get cold so I threw some pretty large, very dry, oak rounds in the furnace. They did their job alright.

"Only" saw -15°F overnight, it's up to -2°F already, a regular heat wave I tell ya.

The Woodchuck is happily chewing through the red/white oak mix downstairs, oblivious to the fact it's about to be kicked to the curb over the weekend. :rock:

The mud is still frozen in the sun, and the wind is blowing a little too much for me to light a brush pile. That's kinda cold for around here. Was still bucking and splitting in a t-shirt.

As of 3:08 PM 1-22-13 it is 7° F here in the thumb of Michigan.:msp_w00t:

Just threw a couple more logs in the OWB, and waved at the propane truck going by when I was out getting the mail.

Last edited:
Mid 30s for a high and around 20 at night. Cold for here. Sunny and nice out though.

Well, lotta mud, top layer is frozen an inch or so, but still deep mud underneath.

Latest posts

Back