Coulda been trouble

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve NW WI

Steve NW WI

Unwanted Riff Raff.
Last Friday I threw some wood down into the basement. After I got done hauling the wood from the back room to my wood storage by the stove, I shut the door to the back room to get the main part of the basement warmed back up faster after having a window open in there for an hour or so.

This morning, as I'm going to the kitchen for some breakfast, I notice the floor's cold on my bare tootsies. Right about then, I realized the door had been closed all weekend, and was still closed. I went downstairs, opened the door, and could see my breath in there. Temp up by the water pipes was still above freezing, but not by much. I get the feeling if I'd left that door closed a while longer, I might have had an indoor pool before much longer.

The wood stove has it back up in the 50s back there a couple hours later, just glad I caught my oops when I did.

Chris-PA

Chris-PA

Where the Wild Things Are
One of the things a lot of us have in common is that our lives are not all automatic - the stuff we do and the systems we use require constant manual actions on our part. It is so darn easy to slip up now and then. Just like when I smell that smell that tells me I got caught up reading on AS and forgot to stop the stove down.

flotek

flotek

Addicted to ArboristSite
The worst is when your on the other side of the house you smell " that " smell almost like a strong burning dust stink and then it hits you. ! " Crap I forgot to close down the stove and it's blazing billy hot !"

Latest posts