Do NOT Modify Your Saw!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
who has honest to god specs showing better performance out of a muffler mod or pulling limit caps.

I have pulled many limiter caps to make a saw run better. It is pretty obvious when the saw isn't tuned properly and it runs like crap

Now as far as muffler mods I have not timed any saws before and after, although I would be surprised if someone on here hasn't. I''m sure snelling must have done that.

your saw runs fster because you have leaned it out, that will blow the saw up. what have you gained then?

your saw runs fster because you have leaned it out, that will blow the saw up. what have you gained then?

frightening_troll.jpg

Drilling holes in your muffler will not give your saw more power. It is still the same size enging running at the same rpm, doing muffler mods only change where you "powr band" is. I'm betting someone a hell of a lot smarter than me making a whole lot more money has set these saws, within limits, to run at there optimum preformance levels. I mean they did engineer them.

A lean saw will NOT be faster than a properly tuned saw.. Takes fuel to make horsepower..Period.. Go stir the #### elsewhere.
Modifying a muffler and retuning after said alterations will without a doubt make 99% of all stock saws cut better.

Drilling holes in your muffler will not give your saw more power. It is still the same size enging running at the same rpm, doing muffler mods only change where you "powr band" is. I'm betting someone a hell of a lot smarter than me making a whole lot more money has set these saws, within limits, to run at there optimum preformance levels. I mean they did engineer them.

The engineers have to make emissions ----We don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back