Do NOT Modify Your Saw!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
QUOTE=STIHLTHEDEERE;2053390]yeh he does, its the new 362 supersaw we have seen him blowing about in his posts.[/QUOTE]

Well, that does make him the expert here.:clap:

I think this guy works for the EPA. Must have been running his lawnmowers in an enclosed garage to long... :dizzy: Captain make sure you have proper ventilation before starting your lawnmower.

No no no he ran his gas engine generator in the attached garage too long after an ice storm. Most everyone was killed in the aftermath, but CaptianPotatoHead managed to live. At the time they found him they were unsure if any permanent brain damage had occured................... well here we have proof that something wrong did, indeed happen to his brain.

Sam

google stihl factory horse power specs for the last 10 years from the 066 the horse power on this saw has steadily been going downhill. this due to the muffler restrictions alone

but other than i pick my nose and scratch my ass because it makes me feel good ill mod my mufflers for the same reason

wonder how many red novas he could get by the end of the night?

who has honest to god specs showing better performance out of a muffler mod or pulling limit caps.

your saw runs fster because you have leaned it out, that will blow the saw up. what have you gained then?

Drilling holes in your muffler will not give your saw more power. It is still the same size enging running at the same rpm, doing muffler mods only change where you "powr band" is. I'm betting someone a hell of a lot smarter than me making a whole lot more money has set these saws, within limits, to run at there optimum preformance levels. I mean they did engineer them.

rofl.gif
lol.gif

bananalama.gif

I agree with the captain. Everything he has to say makes perfect sense and all of you naysayers are wrong.

There are no gains with porting a saw, it's been proven. If anything it slows the saw down. Why spend roughly $250 to slow down your own saw. Might as well just buy a slower saw IMO. These guys who port saws on here are just taking other members money. But I guess as long as captain neil doesn't let everyone in on the secret then the rest of us are part of the herd like we are supposed to be.

:cheers:

Should rep you for the best troll to come along in awhile.

At what point in this thread have you asked a question that wasn't rhetorical?

Have you ever worked on cars? motorcycles? Do you have a clue that performance can be gained by modifying engines. LeMans? Daytona? Ring a bell?

Nice troll LS.

just because it is louder doesnt mean it is faster

Hey Douchenozzle

Timed video says they are faster....

There are enough of us here that have modded saws and done stock vs modded gains with video and the same chain. a 3 second difference on a 5100 for example was impressive imo

I agree with the captain. Everything he has to say makes perfect sense and all of you naysayers are wrong.

There are no gains with porting a saw, it's been proven. If anything it slows the saw down. Why spend roughly $250 to slow down your own saw. Might as well just buy a slower saw IMO. These guys who port saws on here are just taking other members money. But I guess as long as captain neil doesn't let everyone in on the secret then the rest of us are part of the herd like we are supposed to be.

I would be happy to buy you a couple of fast wildthings in trade for all your slow saws, pm me for my shipping address.:)

Hey Moron,
Any time you can make air and fuel flow through an engine easier it will make more power. Thats basic engine 101. A muffler mod and port job will increase power by allowing the spent exhaust gasses to escape the engine quicker because of the decreased back pressure created by opening the muffler up. Why don't you use the search button or read a book on mechanics 101 before you make yourself look any dumber.
Reminds me of the guy that thought his stock 044 would out cut a ported
Wait, barkbuster is that you?

lol kinda funny. just run your saws stock if you want nobody is making you change a thing. my muffler mods are extreme and i have the carbs tuned to the max they are ticking timebombs. everytime i run mine they are seconds from blowing the pistons off and killing me and anybody within 50 feet.

All jokes aside gotta let the saw breath as said above. pulling the caps just allow you to properly tune the saw if anything you are stupid not to pull the caps and adjust correctly.

Go back to lawnsite and impress the other 16 year old CEO's with your lack of basic understanding of the internal combustion engine.

There are guys here that have forgot more about saws than I will ever know, these same guys run modified saws...some of them do it for a living.

Fish On!!!!!!

Aye Cap'n Neil... man the throttle Sir, she's a big'un and firmly hooked. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back