Dolmar 6100 vs Echo 620p

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That 6100 Seems like a lot of saw for being a cost effective alternative.
@fordf150 do you carry the outside spikes and roller chain catch?

I have a stock 6100 coming back that is somewhat broken in. Planning on making a video of it, ported 6100, and the 620 when it gets here. I will do a better job and tie the log down and use at least similar chains on all so its a fair comparison. That video i posted is about worthless for making any comparisons with so many variables involved.
Any updates on your saw fight video. I know a few people who would really like to see it.

Patiently waiting like a 30 year old virgin with his first piece of @$$. Lol

I have a 6100 in my possession acquired form the trading post. It cuts good and is smooth and easy starting and excellent air filter. That is a lot of good things. However, it feels like my 365xt. I bought it for someone else who now has cancer.

Fordf150 were you able to make the video comparison of the 6100 and 620p?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes he did. I can try and find them and post them in this thread. I can't remember what thread he posted them in.

I like that kipor that the log is sitting on.
That thing is awesome. Looks kinda useless to most people because it's so small. That thing was a demo unit my rep dropped off. Used it so much and keep finding more uses for it that I just bought it. Just about anywhere you can walk.... That thing will go too and do it with 4 or 500 pound in the bed

@fordf150, I really like the 6100 but have recently been looking into the amount of Chinese parts Dolmar is using in their saws. Do you have any insight on this?

I realize it is the future of chainsaw manufacturing, like Stihl's huge plant in China, but I just try real hard to avoid anything with "China" stamped on it.

@fordf150, I really like the 6100 but have recently been looking into the amount of Chinese parts Dolmar is using in their saws. Do you have any insight on this?

I realize it is the future of chainsaw manufacturing, like Stihl's huge plant in China, but I just try real hard to avoid anything with "China" stamped on it.
everything uses chinese parts. never seen a percentage of content on dolmar or any other brand but cant imagine they have any more or less chinese parts than any other brand. At least they are still assembled in germany

everything uses chinese parts. never seen a percentage of content on dolmar or any other brand but cant imagine they have any more or less chinese parts than any other brand. At least they are still assembled in germany

I've not seen "made in China" stamped on any parts on my Echo's. Not saying they are not there...just haven't seen any yet. Everything I've seen says "made in Japan".

Assembled in Germany (or the US for that matter) doesn't hold the same meaning for me when the product is assembled with Chinese parts.

If you take the price difference out of the equation it would be a pretty hard decision for me now that i have some time on a 620.
more time on the 620 and opinion has changed. Nice saw...really like it overall but not enough power. probably going to run it a little longer and get my money out of it but it will be heading down the road

more time on the 620 and opinion has changed. Nice saw...really like it overall but not enough power. probably going to run it a little longer and get my money out of it but it will be heading down the road

Makes no difference one way or the other to me...BUT, PLEASE try that saw with a MM and tune. I don't believe you will want to send it down the road:).

EDIT: The fact that you've run your 620 in stock form and still have something good to say about it, amazes me. Like all Echo's, the 620's muff is stuffed up. Just getting rid of the 90* deflector plate makes a huge difference...you don't have to cut on the muff to see nice gains. The process (MM & tab delete) takes maybe 15 minutes. Turns a very good saw into a great saw.

I like that kipor that the log is sitting on.

He quoted the price and load capacity in another thread and I was surprised. I think it would be an awesome tool, wish he was local to me!

350 w/kohler $2794.06
500 wkohler $2885.64
600 is not available
those are the suggested list prices

Kipor is chinese company that in the usa is best known for generators. We have been selling the generators for a couple years now and dont have anything but good things to say about them. Not a top of the line unit but they are a great value. We will see what the transporter is like. I bought the 500 that was on loan to me and have really put it through its paces so far. We have goats and need to keep the barn cleaned out all winter by hand which means carrying manure a couple hundred feet out to the pile which in years past has been tough to drag a wheel barrow out through the mud and snow. Hopefully this year will be different with the addition of the Transporter.

Scan0003.jpg

Latest posts

Back