Dolmar 6100 vs Echo 620p

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to weight my 365 as its pretty clean right now. Planned on weighing all my 60cc saws but my scale battery died and i haven't bought batteries yet.

pp365weight-png.396096

I so want to try both of these saws. Anybody willing to send me a 620 and 6100 to try for a few days. :yes:

If you take the price difference out of the equation it would be a pretty hard decision for me now that i have some time on a 620.
Correct me if I am wrong.
Dolmar 6100 has inboard clutch with small spline
Echo 620 has outboard clutch with large spline. No small spline available.
You do not really have much of a preference in the 60cc class?

You are special, last I looked his site won't ship chainsaws and another Dolmar place is likewise or really spooky about it. Perhaps there is some cc limit as one major on line source stops around the 421.
Shipping Dolmar saws is forbidden. Contract says we can ship everything except the chainsaws and anyone who openly ships saws(equipatron to name just one of many) is in jeopardy of losing their dolmar dealership.

guess i really didnt answer the 60cc preference. I have owned or ran extensively a 036, 361, 362(mtronic and carb), 6400, 6100(stock and mastermind ported), 2260, 590, 620PW(this is just the 60cc class saws). only 2 saws i have ran that i cant live without...421/7900. everything else is just a toy to play with and run till i get bored with it. Maybe the 620 is the one 60cc saw that will hang around and never leave....cant say for sure because i havent put that much time on it yet.

Nate Fordf150 will sell you both to try out. :buttkick::laugh:

If I could afford both I would probably end up with 4 or 5 new saws. Lol

guess i really didnt answer the 60cc preference. I have owned or ran extensively a 036, 361, 362(mtronic and carb), 6400, 6100(stock and mastermind ported), 2260, 590, 620PW(this is just the 60cc class saws). only 2 saws i have ran that i cant live without...421/7900. everything else is just a toy to play with and run till i get bored with it. Maybe the 620 is the one 60cc saw that will hang around and never leave....cant say for sure because i havent put that much time on it yet.
Nate you are such a tease lol.

I keep seeing that 421 pop up. I just have to take a deep breath and say "I don't need that saw. I already have a really good small saw. You don't want to end up like all the guys on AS. There is no cure for CAD."

I keep seeing that 421 pop up. I just have to take a deep breath and say "I don't need that saw. I already have a really good small saw. You don't want to end up like all the guys on AS. There is no cure for CAD."
421 is one of those saws....its heavy for 40cc but is built like a tank, almost starts itself, runs with allot of 50cc saws. I cant say i have found a single person that regrets buying one

You are special, last I looked his site won't ship chainsaws and another Dolmar place is likewise or really spooky about it. Perhaps there is some cc limit as one major on line source stops around the 421.
I didn't buy my 421 from Nate, i bought it before he was a sponsor here. I have bought other stuff from him though

421 is one of those saws....its heavy for 40cc but is built like a tank, almost starts itself, runs with allot of 50cc saws. I cant say i have found a single person that regrets buying one
I want to try a 421. I have a 550xp so I end up comparing small saws to it. I know it's not going to hang with that saw. Makes it hard to pull the trigger. I might break down at tax time and grab one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Anybody know what the bar and chain specs are on both of these. .325? 3/8? .63 , .050? Wondering if I already have some stihl chains that will work for either one

Latest posts

Back