Favorite Saw brand??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Saw Brand

• Total voters

mitch95100

Saw Nut
Reaction score
Well everyone is always talking up their favorite brand what is it and lets find the favorite!!!
If you feel obligated tell us why.

My two favorites are Stihl And Dolmar

Last edited:
In the garage right now, Dolmar, two Stihl's, a Mall, two Huskies. and a Mac.
Run what you brung!

If I had to pick one it would be Husqvarna/Jonsered. But I also like Stihl,Dolmar,Solo,Makita,Big Mac's,Homies,Efco's,Tanaka's,Disston's,Poulan's,and many,many more! BTW, I voted for all.........:laugh:

I like my Huskies, but I'm no brand snob. I's like to add some Stihl and Dolmar to the collection.

Apple. Steve Jobs really knows chainsaws. USB powered and everything!!

attachment.php

View attachment 201036

Stihl

Stihl all the way man. My daughters just bought me a brand new MS 290...cuts like a raped ape!!!!!

Favorite saw has to be husky. Not saying others aren't as good, its just the one I like best.

I used to like Johnsered's, then I started working with them beyond a few cuts.
I no longer like Johnsered's.

The Pinto of the chainsaw world. Gutless loud SOB's I've watched vibrate to pieces.

7900 is king. And 660

Siince the OP didn't specify that our choice was limited to current saw production..

My vote has to go to the once great, but sadly departed Homelite. Those that know me won't be surprised. NOT talkin' "homelite" (no CAPS) stuff sold in box stores now. A close second for me would be McCulloch, with Poulan getting third. Again......that's NOT "mcculloch" and "poulan" crap sold currently, but instead the iconic brands of the past. One of the large old Sachs Dolmar saws (such as the mighty 166) would be fantastic to find.

The new stuff isn't my thing..............but I refuse to bash any brands. Run whatcha want. Just save the Old Magnesium for those of us that prefer it. As for the 'modern' stuff, I'd say that the Dolmar and Solo saws are most interesting to me. I'll probably pick up an ex-rental Dolkita and build a 7901 with it someday. I wouldn't turn down a 6800i, 120, or 9010 if it came to me at a bargain price either....

This also depends how much wood you cut a year, I can't imagine 20 full cord with a ole homey :msp_ohmy:

This also depends how much wood you cut a year, I can't imagine 20 full cord with a ole Homey :msp_ohmy:

It was done for decades by many men. My 59 year old rancher/catskinner/firewood cutter friend cuts far more than 20 cords a year...........and ALL he uses is old Homelites. The 'newest' designs he runs are 750's and 360's. Most of his cutting is done with XL900 series and XP series saws. He even runs the OLD gear drives for ripping and pulling long bars. Most of what he cuts is BIG coastal Eucalyptus.

I cut a few cords of wood a year at most right now.........since I moved into a house without wood heat. Mostly use my firewood for campfires and give the rest away to folks that need it. For my needs, an old Homelite, McCulloch, or Poulan suits me just fine. If I was cutting more, then the 'modern' saws I mentioned would be a higher priority. The poll just asked for your favorite brand. Didn't state any timeframe or particular usage....:clap:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back