Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are 240's much count. I looked it up, 40cc, medium light wt..

Fellow accross town has one. Looks in good + condition w/original Homie bar. I have too many small saws now.

ill let you know I bought one on ebay....hopefully next week.

I think this one is going to be looking for a new home, if anyone is interested.

Not a perfect resto by any means. The paint seems a little fragile, which may be a good thing as the color is off I think. One screw broken off in the gas tank, a hole in the corner of the muffler ( I think the outer muffler is homemade), several of the screws in the tank are not original. But, it still looks pretty nice. Has good compression but I haven't tried to run it yet. I think it may be to pretty for my taste. :msp_biggrin:

how do you get the plug wire off

working on a 2000 and an 1130.

tried gently to twist it out of coil but did not budge.

I did note the 1130 wire is longer than the 2000 wire if I just snip it
and put new plug cap on..

robbing the 1130 to fix the 2000.

thanks, ric

CIMG5137.jpg

thanks, ric

CIMG5137.jpg

For some reason i don't think the plug wire
is made to come out. Can you swap the whole
coil. Slide it off the lamination.

Lee

thanks, ric

CIMG5137.jpg

Ric I have fixed a few of those now. The wires have some sort of epoxy on the end of them and they are pressed into the coil. If you are careful you can get the wire out with minimal mess to clean up later. I'll use a drill and clean up the hole but be careful of the pin on the bottom. Get a new wire and some 5 minute epoxy mixed up and go to town. :msp_thumbup:

6cube club is 100cc or better. I think even the 99 and 98 saws work to. Membership = getting a saw in that class. That xp 1020 from above will make you a member and make you smile.

750 would get you there :laugh:

For some reason i don't think the plug wire
is made to come out. Can you swap the whole
coil. Slide it off the lamination.

Lee

the plug wire runs through a small hole in the case so you must remove the wire from one end or the other.

Ric I have fixed a few of those now. The wires have some sort of epoxy on the end of them and they are pressed into the coil. If you are careful you can get the wire out with minimal mess to clean up later. I'll use a drill and clean up the hole but be careful of the pin on the bottom. Get a new wire and some 5 minute epoxy mixed up and go to town. :msp_thumbup:

I will practice your method on the non working unit.

since I first posted I jerked the plug cap off the old rig and the spare 1130 setup had a funky lawnmower conector I wrigled off and made work.

pulled the tank and cleaned the saw and installed new fuel lines.

this 2000 definatly needs the comp release to even want to roll over. she is crisp.

fired it up and got the fuel pulling and carb ideling good.

reved it up a few times and it started missing like a spark prob and then died.

need to make sure my lawnmower end didnt short out or go rob another saw

Back