Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one is 5 minutes from my house! I wish they put it on CL 1st cause it would have been mine. I tried being scum and asked to end early but they didn't want to. I caught them as soon as it was listed to. Oh well I guess. I have 2 other saws right now I'm working for that are a little more rare for the same $. As bad as i want a 750 they will still be around...These other saws are in the same class and don't exist :D

Plus if I'm gonna spend 500+ on a saw I want it to be clean.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130502380385&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

6cube club is 100cc or better. I think even the 99 and 98 saws work to. Membership = getting a saw in that class. That xp 1020 from above will make you a member and make you smile.

99cc (like my McCulloch 550) is 6.04ci. 100cc (like the XP1020) is 6.1ci.

that is not a c series saw it is a xl series saw. 6 cubes

It's not an XL series saw. I'ts an XP Series (which includes the XP1000, XP1020, XP1100, 1050, and 1130G). They're 'outgrowths' of the 'extended family that includes the C-Series saws as well as the 2000/2100/3100G monsters. There is much parts interchangability between the C and XP saws, and less between them and the monsters.

Because of Homelite's stupid naming system........an "XL series" saw could mean a little XL/XL2/Super2/Lil Red top handle, an XL12/SXL-AO type saw, an XL75-130 type saw, an XL-1 (Commonwealth market version of an E-Z), or an XL700/800/900 series saw such as an XL903.

They are basically the same saws though. Alot of the c series parts will swap. My 1020 is built of c72 crank case

Yep.....:cheers:

This one is 5 minutes from my house! I wish they put it on CL 1st cause it would have been mine. I tried being scum and asked to end early but they didn't want to. I caught them as soon as it was listed to. Oh well I guess. I have 2 other saws right now I'm working for that are a little more rare for the same $. As bad as i want a 750 they will still be around...These other saws are in the same class and don't exist :D

Plus if I'm gonna spend 500+ on a saw I want it to be clean.

HOMELITE 750 CHAINSAW 36 INCH BAR - eBay (item 130502380385 end time Apr-03-11 13:28:12 PDT)

That saw looks cleaner than most ebay/CL saws. Just missing a lot of paint. For $500 I'd like to see more paint on the saw. These things are going for crazy money lately though. A few years ago, a 2100, 3100G, or 750 would have to be CHERRY to get over $300.

I still get weak in the knees when I see the THREE NOS 750 powerheads that my buddy got for $300 each about five years ago from an old dealer. They're all still sitting unfueled on the shelf, with the tags still on 'em. He has a few "working" 750's and 2100's that are in use now in his firewood/clearing business. The NOS saws are 'in reserve'.:jester:

Last edited:
Right Right, Was not paying attention to details, should have proof read my comment, I knew what I was talking about xp-xl should have caught that one.:jester:

Right Right, Was not paying attention to details, should have proof read my comment, I knew what I was talking about xp-xl should have caught that one.:jester:

Figured it was a typo/brain fart. You've got my attention with those Super E-Z pics of yours in the "What's on your Bench" thread BTW....:msp_thumbup:

Figured it was a typo/brain fart. You've got my attention with those Super E-Z pics of yours in the "What's on your Bench" thread BTW....:msp_thumbup:

still waiting on the funds for the fuel filter and o rings for the oiler then should be able to button up and get it running.

I ran the 101 for about an hour today...can you hear my ears ringing?

The more I run this saw the more I like it...believe it or not...I almost picked up the 026 and grabbed it instead.

I have a 325 with a 9 pin rim on it now...I think a smaller rim or a 3/8ths might work a bit better.

You guys need to get one of these little monsters.

that is not a c series saw it is a xl series saw. 6 cubes

I thought it was a c series saw cause it looks like my c52 other than coll-er and it looks like a c72 that's why I thought it was a c series saw --- how many cc s is a 600 d all I know is its a 6.6hp old saw

Last edited:
I ran the 101 for about an hour today...can you hear my ears ringing?

The more I run this saw the more I like it...believe it or not...I almost picked up the 026 and grabbed it instead.

I have a 325 with a 9 pin rim on it now...I think a smaller rim or a 3/8ths might work a bit better.

You guys need to get one of these little monsters.

Yep, an eight pin is more than enough, you might be disappointed in the speed of a seven pin 3/8, though it may be hard to stall the chain. I'll bet you had softer wood or a light touch with the 9er on there.
Still amazing what these old girls will do if dressed right for the dance, isn't it?:msp_thumbsup:

well fellers look like i have joined the club today and here's what i picked up at a yard sale and i put some fresh 40-1 mix in them and primed them a little and they took off like a new one i have to clean the rails up on one of the bars but thats not no big deal though

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Model Profile: 600-D

here is the link for your 600D, thank you acres site. I think 5 cubic in is 82 cc.

thank you I did look their but couldn't figure out the cc so thanks fore the info --- The first time I put this saw to wood it about pulled me threw the log with it dang its fun to use with a round grow-end skip tooth chain it don't stop fore anything

C9 Cylinder

Anyone know where I might find a cylinder for a C9.Without costing me an arm and leg?Looks like its going to very hard to find?Mine looked good till I cleaned it up a little.The chrome has came off the very top about a 1/2 in. down and 1" wide.### it!

My garage door opener auction find yesterday. Pictures are how as I bought it. I have cleaned the exhaust port. Put fuel in it and pulled several times and it seem to run strong:D

The manual oiler works and I can see the auto pump rotating with it running but not sure if it is pumping oil though as it was not slinging it while running it until I pushed the manual button then it was throwing it off the bar.

I really like the way these saws look.

How do you set the depth with a chain like this? Is this a homie chain?

HomeliteEZ003.jpg

HomeliteEZ002.jpg

HomeliteEZ001.jpg

HomeliteEZ007.jpg

Its Oregon Vanguard chain, and I use it if the saw comes with it. I won't buy a new loop, and I would only take a free loop if it was new. You have to file the depth gauge from the inside out, and .025 to .030 seems to be the sweet spot. I have never kept one on long enough to wear one out. Its full chisel, so it cuts well when sharp, supposed to be low kickback, which I don't argue with, but I don't test it either. Someone here even sent me a Vanguard chain on a saw that he had square ground. It just seems/IS a little slower than LPX IMHO. And it also seems that when you get past the 60-70% wear mark on the cutter, it stops cutting freely, and if you take the gauges down more than .030 it gets real grabby. Thats been my experience anyway. Oregon seems to be full of ideas when it comes to chains, as the Power Sharp idea is back from them.

How old is my Homelite 450?

I bought an OLD Homelite 450 for 50 bucks. I took a chance on it, and I gotta say the thing is a work horse. It just won't die. It's a bit coldblooded, but it winds up and will run all day. My question is, does anyone know how old this thing is? Or when they stopped making them? It's red and black, has both mix and oil caps on top, just forward of the handle, and weighs about a ton. It is a manual oiler, with the oil primer right next to the throttle. Anyone know about this dinosaur? I don't even know what the engine displacement is or how much it cost back in the day?http://www.arboristsite.com/images/smilies/msp_scared.gif

Anyone know where I might find a cylinder for a C9.Without costing me an arm and leg?Looks like its going to very hard to find?Mine looked good till I cleaned it up a little.The chrome has came off the very top about a 1/2 in. down and 1" wide.### it!

It may be cheaper to find a donor saw with good P&C.

Latest posts

Back