Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey ya'll got my 101 running, new gas line and a new coil (thanks Carl :cheers:)
She revs up and everything but wont idle. So what are you guys thinking a carb cleaning or just a tune up?

Carb cleaning, kit, and tune. Do it right Jacob!!!:D

I wonder where a guy could find those, Aaron.:msp_tongue::msp_tongue::msp_tongue:

Ha!
I keep all them kits sorted in ziplock bags, stored in my "saw carb kits" box in the shop. A fellow could break in there and grab that box..............but I wouldn't recomend it...:cool2:

Stens probably has a kit for it. Any big small engine shop would have Stens parts..they might have to order that particular one.

I'd bet most shops would have a K10-SDC kit, since so many different saws (including some 'modern' Huskys) used that carb. I can think of a certain feller in Mn who might be able to deal with them in bulk. I hear tell that there's a fellow on the left coast who's been gathering a bunch of different saw carb kits that way lately...:jester:

Last edited:
Sounds like you have a LATE 1130G. Some of the last 1130G's and 1050's had Walbro SDC's. The SDC's had "Homelite" on the pump cover, and some had only L-side adjustment. The Tillotson will have H and L side needles adjustable from outside the carb box. The Walbro SDC (when on the 1130G and 1050) will only be adjustable with the A/F removed. There will be plugs on the left side of the carb box (where Tilly HL needles would've passed through). The SDC is also a 'cube' shaped carb, while a Tilly HL has the metering and pump sections on the bottom of the carb. As a side note......some HL's on these saws DID have accelerator pumps. The SDC takes a K10-SDC kit.

Eccentric, you were right about the carb. Picked up a kit today but didnt change anything. I did notice that while its idling it barely picks up any fuel threw the line and as soon as i open the throttle it dies. Checked all impulse passages and they were clear. Gonna meet up with a more experienced member this weekend to further investigate.

Any idea what that Homelite is on the right?

2564cxh.jpg

Eccentric, you were right about the carb. Picked up a kit today but didnt change anything. I did notice that while its idling it barely picks up any fuel threw the line and as soon as i open the throttle it dies. Checked all impulse passages and they were clear. Gonna meet up with a more experienced member this weekend to further investigate.

Assuming the carb is right now, the only thing left is the fuel line and the vent, as far as the fuel goes. Still could have a vacuum leak somewhere.

K10-SDC carb. kit.

The last four or five kits I gotten from Orschlens Farm and Home have been lacking the "accelerator pump" diaphram and gasket on the side by the throttle lever. What's up with that?

I've made do with cleaning that part up and reusing it but not what I'd like.

$10.99 plus tax.

Jacob: Need any other parts?

My 101 runs like a raped ape with its 16" bar. Considering going to a 20".

Any idea what that Homelite is on the right?

Great pic. My guess is a 26LCS. Old saw even then...

Eccentric, you were right about the carb. Picked up a kit today but didnt change anything. I did notice that while its idling it barely picks up any fuel threw the line and as soon as i open the throttle it dies. Checked all imp and they were clear...

Rebuild that SDC. The pump diaphram is probably shot. Bet the screen's plugged too.

Sorry, i wasnt clear. I rebuilt it but it didnt change how it ran. Took it all apart except for a brass screw on the side. Wasnt sure what it was and it looked liked it was installed with some kind of thread sealant or thread locker possibly and had a 6J stamped into it. Hope to figure it out this weekend and will report back with the findings.

I got a 650 that looks to be in good shape but is missing the carb and flywheel. Would it be worth messing with or just trying to sell to someone with a wore out saw. thanks Mark

I got a 650 that looks to be in good shape but is missing the carb and flywheel. Would it be worth messing with or just trying to sell to someone with a wore out saw. thanks Mark

They are worth the effort and parts providing
you can get them reasonable. The 650 is a nice
saw but shadowed by it's big brother the 750.

If your going to sell it, I would be interested.

Lee

There is a hint of green. You fellows may be right. Might be an 8-29. May be just 'glint'.......but to my eyes that saw has the "war and peace" instructions decal on the tank like what's on a 26LCS. The 7-29/8-29 saws just have "Homelite" and the model # on the tank. Again.....might just be glare. Wish we could see the rear handle, but it's obscured by dirt and what looks to be someone's lunch. There's another Mac next to it as well.

Model Profile: 26LCS

Model Profile: 8-29

Model Profile: 7-29

Another followed me home today. Never thought I would find one in my neck of the woods. Sharp compression but no fire. Will be tearing it down for a good cleaning and repair. Couple pics for the addicts.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Very nice old 900D.

Your saw has its original large ribbed type muffler which is a rare thing, as well as the often lost recoil cover or 'ashtray'.

The saw appears to be in pretty good shape apart from the dings in the wrap handle - but definitely a 'survivor' for sure.

Congrats on a really great piece of Homelite vintage horsepower.

Regards,

Chris.

Back