Husqvarna 395 xpw (two years old, not new) as told.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Southside

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
on the southside of the mighty Merced River
Howdy All, I'm new to this forum so HOWDY to all. Last week I purchased a brand new Husky 395 from a local Husky dealer and spent a lot of money for it.
Breaking it in last weekend, my buddy read the s/n and pointed out that the saw was made in '09.
I called Husky and they confirmed my new saw was made in the tenth week of '09 over two years ago.
My question is this a common practice to sell saws that is this old as new equipment. I thought I was getting a 2011 model. I'm kind of sick over this and it's sticking in my craw. Thank you, Southside

Like Chris said- it's common in dealerships to have bigger saws in inventory that are new but have been on the shelf for years. We had a new 084R that sat on the shelf for almost 12 years before someone finally bought it. It had been in the window so long that the plastic was sun-faded. We gave it to them at the 1995 price (this was in '07.)

I don't know what you have to complain over though- the only "improvement" between the '09 and '11 models is a downgraded (due to EPA restrictions) carburetor and a a different type of exhaust gasket- everything else is the same. So actually, I think you got the better end of the deal.

Howdy All, I'm new to this forum so HOWDY to all. Last week I purchased a brand new Husky 395 from a local Husky dealer and spent a lot of money for it.
Breaking it in last weekend, my buddy read the s/n and pointed out that the saw was made in '09.
I called Husky and they confirmed my new saw was made in the tenth week of '09 over two years ago.
My question is this a common practice to sell saws that is this old as new equipment. I thought I was getting a 2011 model. I'm kind of sick over this and it's sticking in my craw. Thank you, Southside
Don't lose a minute's sleep over this buddy. Very common practice. I have seen inventory 4 years old with 372XP. Matters not a hill of beans, your warranty starts from the day you purchased it. The 2009 is actually a better saw. Hope this cheers you up. Oh, I almost forgot, welcome to Arboristsite, a lot of good eggs on this site. Hope you have fun.

Last edited:
The brand new 359 I just bought a week ago from my dealer has an 08 serial number.

Still new.

Latest posts

Back