I get by with a little help...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philoshop

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
...from my friends.
Not much is going well for me all around, but some friends helped big-time today! I can cut and split but the old truck is barely limping along. Had a crew today to help with the transport for some of next year's stash!
For a guy who spends a lot of time with a camera hangin' from his neck you'd think i'd have a few pics! None today, though. Sorry folks. It was just a busy day and an unexpected pleasure.

No one who helped me out today is even on this site. Just a shout out and thank you to everyone who is a friend.

Your a lucky man to hve helpers, even if it was a one time only thing. I'm a one man band myself and it's a lot if work. It's really nice when you get a chance to work next to a friend or family.

A lot of the fellah's on here are one man band self sufficient types. I think a good portion of us take pride knowing we can go out and cut up, then bring back and split up our own btu's, while keeping the gardens running for food production, and going out hunting or fishing to put some meat in the freezer. That being said, there's times we all have to look to friends to help out when we've hit a rough patch in our lives. I use the term friends, because family generally doesn't help out as much as they would. Nothing to be ashamed of man. It happens. Just count your blessings you have liked minded people living near you who'll drop everything they're doing to help a fellow wood tick out.

I've only lived at my current location for 4 years an only have 2 close friends that would probably help if I asked. My nearest family is 2 hours away. Neither of my friends burn wood or take much interest in processing it. I wish I had a close friend(s) that did so we could help each other out. The fact is, there are fewer and far between that actually want to put the effort in firewood...

Rough patches suck! Mine started a year ago now, I'm the type that I can do it all myself, don't need anyone else..... Well this past year I've become a single dad to two young girls... Had a financial wreck, and a few other mishaps. I have a few good friends, at work and in my regular life, who stepped up to help cut some wood, help with my girls, and just general all around help, without my having to even ask. It really humbled this proud man I can tell you that!!! What I learned is that every man, even one who has been self reliant his whole life, still needs a little help every now and again. It's a pretty damn good feeling when you're sinking to have a good friend reach his hand out and help pull you back to your feet.

Latest posts

Back