If You Chew Snoose Will It Make You a Logger?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. If you ask me it's pretty damn gross.

Had a customer come in today with his bottom lip hanging out a good 1" cause it was packed with a slug of chaw. Teeth all nasty... black/shite brown in color. Breath was bad enough I smelled it from 10ft away over all the other smells in the shop.
I was in the middle of eating a sandwich and came real close it coming back up just from that smell.
I'd rather stick my face in a horses ass instead of smelling that. Many years ago I took a pull off what I thought was my soda and it was someone's spit can... ever since then that smell sets me off.

I attempted to give up smokin' once by switchin' to chew... damned if I didn't end up chewin' and smokin'.
I was drivin' delivery truck at the time... tobacco, and tavern/bar/restaurant sundries... unlimited access to tobacco.
Started with pouch chew, went to snuff, and then plug... nasty habit (not that smokin' ain't).
I finally gave up the chew... ain't had as good'a luck given up the smokin'.

View attachment 420897 The junk crew busses we get in here smell like chew spit ,they spit right on the floor of the pickups . Is this common elsewhere ?
lol pig's that smell like a logger with no brains or lives/lived in a stye!! even a PIG WEARING LIP STICK WONT SLEEP WHERE THEY ****! takes all kinds....

View attachment 420897 The junk crew busses we get in here smell like chew spit ,they spit right on the floor of the pickups . Is this common elsewhere ?

Not in my neighborhood. :buttkick: Spit cups are required. They don't get left in the crummy either.

Do you make em take off the cork boots too then ? This truck the rubber floor was all chewed up from the boots .

It didn't much matter. Crummies take a beating anyway and a couple of truck mud flaps on the floorboards help. Most of the guys wore street shoes of some kind...romeos or sneakers...and threw their boots in the back. If it was raining they'd put them in the tool box.
Nobody buys a crummy with an eye toward resale value.
The only absolute rule I had was about spitting in the cab. Most of the crew agreed. All that fibrous brown slime sloshing around on the floorboards made everybody grumpy. Better to use spit cups.

Damn right it does. Only if you rip the sleeves of your hickory though.

Somewhere there's a song about this very thing.

Go some place like this http://www.oregonloggingconference.com/ You'll see plenty of chew induced "loggers"

Owl
I thing it was Craig and Terry that wrote the song of the same title.
Although I've had the odd pinch I don't chew Snoose.
Here it is 30$ a tin but in haines Alaska it's only 7$.
I have the song somewhere on CD add will try to get it onto Utube.

Back