If You Chew Snoose Will It Make You a Logger?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thing it was Craig and Terry that wrote the song of the same title.
Although I've had the odd pinch I don't chew Snoose.
Here it is 30$ a tin but in haines Alaska it's only 7$.
I have the song somewhere on CD add will try to get it onto Utube.

It is Craig and Terry. I have the CD, couldn't find it on YouTube to put here.

Copenhagen is all I got left after getting rid of all the other stuff. Not ready to give this one up yet. Looking around I can usually find it for a hair over 5 bucks. When we were down to the North California thing a couple years back, I found it for 3.90 a can, with good dates. I bought every can they had. The guy behind me saw what I was doing, hung his head a walked out. He was going to do the same thing.

It doesn't have to be the nasty habit most make it to be. Some guys are just flt out disgusting slobs. They drive their own rig. I don't even like guys spitting out the window, leaving that nice brown vertical pin strip, if you can't slurp it down, keep it in a non spill container of some sorts.

Owl

It is Craig and Terry. I have the CD, couldn't find it on YouTube to put here.

Copenhagen is all I got left after getting rid of all the other stuff. Not ready to give this one up yet. Looking around I can usually find it for a hair over 5 bucks. When we were down to the North California thing a couple years back, I found it for 3.90 a can, with good dates. I bought every can they had. The guy behind me saw what I was doing, hung his head a walked out. He was going to do the same thing.

It doesn't have to be the nasty habit most make it to be. Some guys are just flt out disgusting slobs. They drive their own rig. I don't even like guys spitting out the window, leaving that nice brown vertical pin strip, if you can't slurp it down, keep it in a non spill container of some sorts.

Owl
Yes, it's a double cd, I got it from a friend when I was in Washington State. I know I'm screwing up the spelling, but the cd was called Songs of shishquhu?
The lyrics go a bit like this from memory:
One mornin I was standing in the canyon by the landin
When a greenhorn asked he could try a chew.
That's a big mistake you makin as big a chew your takin,
Chewing Snoose won't make a logger out of you.

Some outfits, they run on sweat and snoose,
Bailing wire and bandaids busted riggin and a rubber check or two.
Some finance company's got em tied so tight I doubt they ever will get loose.
They just grin and dig right in. Getter done with lots of sweat and snoose.

I'm hoping.
No; Chewing only clogs up the face mask on your hardhat. It isn't kosher to spit through the mesh screen either.
View attachment 420897 The junk crew busses we get in here smell like chew spit ,they spit right on the floor of the pickups . Is this common elsewhere ?
I worked across the border in Arkansas for several years. Lots of tobbacco chewers worked with me. They don't use cups cause cups turn over, so they just spit on everything else. I was at a cattle auction once. Two guy were sitting directly below me on the bleachers . One was drinking coffee, and the other was spitting juice in a coffee cup as they watched bidding. Both cups were between the two men. At one point the one feller over-reached for his cup, and got the spit cup, and took a sip. :surprised3::surprised3::surprised3::confused:

Uhhhh no logger I know wears a "face mask" maybe that's why. I rode a school bus where a snooze cup spilled--twice I think. It created panic amongst us riders. I lived in semi-cowboy/girl country. I have a recording of Chris LaDeux singing Copenhagen, makes you feel so good...

I think he died from mouth or jaw cancer.

My dad worked at a copper mine with a guy who would take half a can of Copenhagen and make it into a patty in the palm of his hand. Then he'd take a big chunk of RedMan and plop it on top. Third came the other half of the can of Copenhagen on top of the Redman. He'd compress the whole thing between his hands and then stuff it (somehow) in his cheek. That chew would stay there for the whole shift. It didn't even come out at lunch time. At the end of the shift on the way to the truck it would get tossed in gravel parking lot. That was a dedicated man!

View attachment 420897 The junk crew busses we get in here smell like chew spit ,they spit right on the floor of the pickups . Is this common elsewhere ?

Not on my crew. They would get a severe ass chewing for intentionally doing that. That would also get you your first written warning for defacing company equipment. I don't give a shite about how poor the rig can be. You do not spit dip in a vehicle. Not to mention that I won't allow it on my job site.

Jesus, I kicked people off of my rescue truck for having a plug of dip in when they jumped on. The policy is no chewing tobacco on the fireground. I had one guy that I sent straight to the chief for that.

It's disgusting. It's that simple. The smell, the look, whatever. I won't have it.

Cat you'd have a short crew out here ! Don't spit on the floor or smoke in the cab but it still a free country, even in California. Ken

Cat you'd have a short crew out here ! Don't spit on the floor or smoke in the cab but it still a free country, even in California. Ken

That's alright. My guys are pretty much imported with me when we go in to do a job. I can't say I hire many locals unless I need to sub something out. It's pretty clearly written in the contract you sign with me that summarizes the terms of your employment. If you can't go without chewing for 8 hours, you probably have a bigger issue and I don't want you on my crew.

I don't mind the smell of a black n' mild wafting through the open air every once in a while, but I will die before I have a spit cup in one of my vehicles and machines.

If you were referring to when I was/am on Rescue 31, I can do most of my work with 3 guys.

Pardon me if I ruffled some feathers, but that's how I roll. If you're on my crew snd play by the rules, and there aren't many, I will have no problem keeping you on and we'll work fine and dandy together. I am the company owner and the crew boss, and I busted my balls to get here. After two written warnings, the third is your dismissal.

Same here. I'd rather see a guy chew than smoke, especially in high fire danger areas.
I'd rather they didn't do either one but if you have a good crew that gets the logs out sometimes you have to make allowances.

Back