If You Chew Snoose Will It Make You a Logger?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heck I wouldn't mind a door on the skidder I run and a heater that doesn't blow antifreeze vapor all over! (One of these days it needs to get back to the shop so I can fix it. The door got modificated at some point and someone tore it off when the tire chains hooked it.

Heat? Doors? We don't need no stinking modern amenities...

been a few times I wish I had a door getting speared by viney maples isn't fun...

Gezuz, I must be a weasel. I vape. I even make my own coils.

159624753.weDPTlvQ.jpg

159624752.VQ3MyfWx.jpg

25 years of Lucky Strikes - cig free for 4 months now. Never felt better.

Smoked Camels and Winston's for 20 yrs. In '07 quit it and switched to Copenhagen pouches. Quit them cold turkey 21 days ago. After a couple foggy days where I felt I was drunk all the time, from all the extra oxygen in my blood, it's getting easier. Feel better than I have in a long time, without that nicotine monkey on my back.

My older brother, and his friends were dipping Copenhagen. They were 13, and I was 10 years old at the time. They asked me if I wanted to try some?
I gave it a go, but they neglected to tell me about spitting. Sons of ..........
Needless to say, I centrifuged, and heaved to.
I didn't try snuff again until I was fifteen(Hawken, and Skoal). Gradually worked my way back to Copenhagen, and dipped for 20+ years.

159624753.weDPTlvQ.jpg

159624752.VQ3MyfWx.jpg

Wes a buddy of mine just had a miner heart attack and swears it was the vape cig. i said it can't be, he said how do you know.............i don't.
just food for thought. congrats on quiting bro, i have been thinking on it more and more lately. it is truely the toughest thing i ever tryed to do.

Wes a buddy of mine just had a miner heart attack and swears it was the vape cig. i said it can't be, he said how do you know.............i don't.
just food for thought. congrats on quiting bro, i have been thinking on it more and more lately. it is truely the toughest thing i ever tryed to do.

I resisted vaping for years. A bud of mine swore by it. I smoked Lucky Strike unfilters for a very long time - 20 years or so. After a friend of mine gifted me a set for my BDay, I decided to at least give it a try. I had been trying to quit smoking for a very long time. I am now 3 months without smoking a cigarette - I quit the first week I tried it.
The differences I have noticed so far:

Much better blood pressure. Like 20 pts lower. 128/80VS 148/98. And that was the first month. I just haven't been to the doctor since. It's even better now.
I sleep better and it is easier to wake.
Haven't had a cramp from over-exertion since(I would occasionally get cramps if I smoked a lot and worked a lot).
No more coughing. None.
I can actually taste food now! That was unexpected. Food is entirely different to me now, and I find I like some stuff I used to not.
Much much much more energy.
No more back pain. I used to have constant back pain. It's nearly completely gone. And I can use my back much more than before.
Much better endurance.
I don't smell like an ash tray any more(I now smell more like pistachio ice cream, or strawberry vanilla - my main vapes).
Teeth are slowly getting whiter, and my gums look much better.

And a pack of Luckies is about $10 here. At one point I smoked more than a pac a day here in Ireland(two packs in texas, but they were $2-3 a pack then). So, I am also saving a ton of cash.

I am sorry to hear about yer bud, tho :( But it's gonna be a task to try and take my vape away from me. I tried all the cheap crappy ecigs some friends were using. Those are, well, cheap and crappy, and very unsatisfying. What it took for me was getting an iStick 30 and a nautilus mini tank(about a $60 set up):

159779624.Wg6vVvr5.jpg

thanks but hes ok now. one stint is all he needed........but at 40, who'd a thunk it? i need to quit.......my bp is about like yours was and i'm in the woods every day so its not for lack of exorcise. also going thru some fatigue since it got hot, 94 today.

thanks but hes ok now. one stint is all he needed........but at 40, who'd a thunk it? i need to quit.......my bp is about like yours was and i'm in the woods every day so its not for lack of exorcise. also going thru some fatigue since it got hot, 94 today.
61 with a cool ocean breeze ,Don't move here ......;)

159624753.weDPTlvQ.jpg

159624752.VQ3MyfWx.jpg

My god's man if you where to send a pack of Lucky's right now I'd start again after 3 years... can't get em in the states no more

Rolling your own is much cheaper. I should probably quit ,but if I knew I was gonna live this long I might have taken better care of myself. Lolimage.jpg

i roll um.........bugler gold in a top tube. about 25 a day.........i was smoking 3 packs of camels before.
It may be a gross rationalization, but if we work hard the odd smoke aint gonna hurt too much.
I had a heart attack in 05, but it wasnt caused by smoking. I quit for two years and been smoking 25 a day and feel very fit.
Life clings to some very improbable surfaces. Lol

Back