Logger's day off...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice box Burv, I have plans to maybe make something up here, a little different thans yours, but what would you expect? In the east coast we use circular saws with 3" blades, cause we know better..... Never start your cut at the edge of the plywood, got to drop that blade straight in....

A little too much sleet and snow today, called off about 50 miles down the road, but bird aint flyin so I still have time.....

Gonna go fetch me some firewood from my neighbors, I'd be in trouble if I lived in MN, didn't have quite all my wood up before winter.... up there legal grounds for divorce I believe.

Nice box Burv, I have plans to maybe make something up here, a little different thans yours, but what would you expect? In the east coast we use circular saws with 3" blades, cause we know better..... Never start your cut at the edge of the plywood, got to drop that blade straight in.....

If you were to rig up a rope and a pulley I'm sure you would not have any rough edges when starting the cut on that sheet of plywood. :greenchainsaw::cheers:

I'm afraid if I had such a big box, I would be inclined to lock up unruly loggers and coworkers in it. Take them out far away and turn them loose. :)

Nice box Burv, I have plans to maybe make something up here, a little different thans yours, but what would you expect? In the east coast we use circular saws with 3" blades, cause we know better..... Never start your cut at the edge of the plywood, got to drop that blade straight in....

A little too much sleet and snow today, called off about 50 miles down the road, but bird aint flyin so I still have time.....

Gonna go fetch me some firewood from my neighbors, I'd be in trouble if I lived in MN, didn't have quite all my wood up before winter.... up there legal grounds for divorce I believe.

I just caught that...too funny!

My buddy built one behind his tailgate. It works pretty slick. I drive a Toyota, and wanted all the weight forward. I even have carpet on the floor inside of it!

Toyota, me too. All the fallers in fact drive toyotas. And we go places the boss DEFINATELY cant and wont take his 3/4 ton diesel. A 4 wheeler with a cab and a heater.

Toyota, me too. All the fallers in fact drive toyotas. And we go places the boss DEFINATELY cant and wont take his 3/4 ton diesel. A 4 wheeler with a cab and a heater.

LOL...You guys just made me feel a lot better. I traded off the F-250 a couple of years ago and bought a Tacoma. It was weird at first but when I found out where that little buzz-bomb could go, (anywhere) what it could really haul (more than you'd think) and what it cost to run, license, and insure (peanuts compared to the Ford) I've never been sorry.

Most of the guys I work with have gone to the smaller pickups.

LOL...You guys just made me feel a lot better. I traded off the F-250 a couple of years ago and bought a Tacoma. It was weird at first but when I found out where that little buzz-bomb could go, (anywhere) what it could really haul (more than you'd think) and what it cost to run, license, and insure (peanuts compared to the Ford) I've never been sorry.

Most of the guys I work with have gone to the smaller pickups.

that's disappointing. :cry:

Al tho Toyota makes a good vehicle, last forever, low maintenance cost etc...
The Tacoma will go pretty much anywhere, my uncle has one. Ill get one someday just for fun but I like a ford.

Aren't you a'scared to drive your Toyotas now? :)

Not me...I love mine :clap:

10190852.jpg

I did used to cuss those little "rice grinders" though, back when I had a crew cab Powerstroke...that is until I moved to Southeast Alaska with their shot-rock roads, and was eating brand new Toyo's left and right, and my fuel bill was a small fortune, so that is when I bought myself a little yota, and I have not looked back since. Best rig around for a Timber Faller IMHO :)

You guys are making me miss my 88 Yota. . . :cry: :cry:

It sits all alone in the yard since it ate a valve. . . I used that darn thing for a 1 ton, skidder, and quad.

That truck was nuthin but good to me. . . I really need to rebuild the 22RE and get her back on the road. . . Awesome trucks.

A friend of mine had an older 2wd ford ranger. Man O man would that truck go places. It stuck to the road like the tires where magnetic, it would also soak up curbs at 40mph like a little baha truck, take 5 foot jumps like nothing. 2nd gear wide open was like a magical thing, we could go in holes above the fender wells, just keep it wide open in 2nd & you will keep crawlin. or doing hill climbs, it would be on par with the heavier 4x4s, but it would claw its way up when the bigger trucks would get squirrey. All on tiny little street tires and about 30 mpg. We ran that thing so hard that the wire connectors had been permenantly loostened so every once & a while you loose everything & have to go under the hood to re-connect the winning wires. It would also get stuck in 5th gear goin down the road. that was easy to fix though, just lift out the shifter and re-aligne the little deals down there. We used to do that & never stop driving, some oil would get thrown around the cab, but we had stuff to do. . .

I Bought mine (started payments lol as a kid) in Feb 1999 for my 19th birthday present, and I am pushing 250k now, almost 11 years later. Great trucks. I have pushed powder over my door handles many times.

Toyota owners remember: 3rd gear low range= Unstoppable.

1265810777.jpg

1265810868.jpg

1265810703.jpg

Landed 3 Steelies yesterday, hooked 4. Got 5 Whitefish too. I love being left alone and fishing.
No. 14 hooks and "authentic" flies! You have to be darn careful with fish this size on small hooks. That's why one got away... Finicky eaters in low, clear water, but not by judging how they slammed it!

Last edited:
1265810777.jpg

Landed 3 Steelies yesterday, hooked 4. Got 5 Whitefish too. I love being left alone and fishing.
No. 14 hooks and "authentic" flies! You have to be darn careful with fish this size on small hooks. That's why one got away... Finicky eaters in low, clear water, but not by judging how they slammed it!

ya, I'm jealous! 3 years back I caught about 12 salmon on lake Michigan 20+lb. That was a blast.
Fish the river behind my house all summer, some nice bass but that's about it.

ya, I'm jealous! 3 years back I caught about 12 salmon on lake Michigan 20+lb. That was a blast.
Fish the river behind my house all summer, some nice bass but that's about it.

I have a Grandma that grew up out of Hartford. (CT? I don't know nobody in CT? Kenneth Keniff LOL) I hear the small mouth use to be killer in the 40's and 50's there.

Latest posts

Back