Logger's day off...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1262811453.jpg

7 Foot 2 inch

1262791684.jpg

7 foot 7 inch Robert's fish

We caught these back to back 01/05/10

LUCKY bastards!!

We got another 7 footer this morning. We've paid our dues, let me tell you that. There is two main keys to being able to pet Biggie. Winter Sturgeon is a little different than spring Sturg.

Hay B, how do you keep your eyes & lines from icing?

I got some jank called reel magic that is supposed to help, havent used it yet though..

I've heard real magic is good stuff for all kinds of stuff. It hasn't been cold enough to ice up lately, we've been enjoying some warm weather. :clap:

Thats true, but alittle less than a month ago things where DIFFERENT!

I wanted to get in a trip before I headed ease, the rivers where full of slush where they werent solid ice. So of course I tried my best to get me some steel, but the iceing problems where worse than trying to get my #5 silver/orange Blue Fox to swim properly through all the slush. I did see alot of pretty fish though & wouldent you know it, the biggest one i spotted was on a private stretch of the wallowa, they put up signs on the road, not the creek. How am i supposed to know that the creek is private all the sudden? Im just workin my way down stream, good thing my pops clued me in...

I was letting biggie rest yesterday, so I decided to be like Bob and cut wood. Good to run your toys.

My gramps used to fish for Sturgeon down in the lower Columbia years and years ago. They used to use railroad spikes for weight to keep their line on the bottom. In stronger currents, gramps would use a homemade weight "release" that would drop the spikes when a fish was hooked.

In some of the lower Columbia currents... they were usin' 3 to 5 spikes.

I have to dig up the pics. My parents might even have them. Of my brother and I when we were little layin' next to 4 and 5 foot long Sturgeon at my grandparents place. I must have been 5 years old. :)

Gary

P1151584.jpg

Slowp double dog dared me to post this!!! Hey... we dont always run saw on our day off! Or go fishing either darn it!:clap:

Now...Slowp is vacuuming and doing housework today. I double, triple, dog dare her to post pictures of that!

Last edited:
That's a good sized tree you're cutting, hope none got hurt. :)

:cheers:

That's a good looking dog! The chair in the first picture are very comfortable!

Latest posts

Back