Mastermind Worksaws Finally Gets More Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FDA CAN STICK IT! fresh on the farm is best, though i always learned keep them on grass then put them on grain 1 month before butchering because people say they have a lot of Grissel if only feed grass

oh btw my tomatoes were awful this year we got to much rain to early then late in the year a drought.
they were like watermelons now they are like sun dried tomatoes

FDA CAN STICK IT! fresh on the farm is best, though i always learned keep them on grass then put them on grain 1 month before butchering because people say they have a lot of Grissel if only feed grass

Maybe.. ours don't seem too. We butchered one this last year. A sad story actually as it had issues calving. It was some of the best beef I ever had. Ours are pure grass fed but they typically don't have to move around much.. :)

This was end of our chickens for the year today.
7f4b5c02c4f586af188423f16629f68d.jpg

I think every one in the cow business / hobby has a story...some funny. We had one set of 18month bull calves on the hill...were selling them 1-2 at a time...got down to the last two and one was ornery. First attempt and he got close to the trailer decided that wasn't when he wanted and got under the corral panels and bent the crap outa everything as he shoved his 800lbs ass thru....second attempt my wife crashed the quad trying to corral him.. bent it all up. ended that. Third attempt with a much more sophisticated corral system I wasn't there. Was in the woods dropping trees.

Looked at my phone and saw there were 15-18 messages. The first one..." Honey.. Jess & I are headed up to trailer that bull calf"
Third message.. "Sweety it would be nice to have a little help...."
Tenth Message.. "That "effen" cow is being a PITA"
Fifteenth Message "If You would drop that "effen saw" and get you "butt" up here! and a few more unprintable...
Seventeenth.... "Effen cow broke out and is headed south..." more un printables and now some unintelligible's ..

SO the hunting began.. next morning.
Tracked him for about 4 hours...found him just north of the most northwestern pasture....called the wife....Said I found him. Could probably get him into the pasture..

Before I could finish... "Would you put that "unintelligables" pita down!" So I did. We had a lot of fresh beef the next year.

View attachment 445344

View attachment 445345

Not too bad moving any head of cattle with the use of my old faithful pal. 19 hand paint horse and a 30' lariat rope. Catch them around the neck and turn the horse left and off we go.

Now for my silly story we had two steers that were nuts and I mean nuts. Our vet wanted them taken to ISU to be posted. So we loaded them in the trailer and put our horses in the trailer just in case but come on we are headed to a top notch vet university what could go wrong.

So we get to the collage back up where they point us to. The gates are only 6' tall this is not going to work I tell the student he says it will be fine. Ok I reply I open the door he leads the two horses out as he is holding the lead ropes says to dad and I "these calves seem totally normal". I explain to him that is a horse not a cow. The calves are the ones in the front kicking the crap out of the trailer.

So now this story gets almost unbelievable. We open the door of the trailer and those two steers clear the gates like they were nothing. So off dad and I go roping those two steers in the middle of a collage campus. Believe me you can't make this crap up.

Now if you had brought them to Ft. Collins Colorado (CSU) I would BELIEVE that story! That is funny BTW
You now what those in Denver call cows in the fall....

Big Slow Deer

And you know what a Texas heart shot is....
I have been to CSU nice place they fixed my dog all up. My parents and entire family live in Iowa so CSU would have been quite the drive. Ames was 90min. I take it you have been to Denver a time or two, it's nothing compared to Boulder you see all sorts there.

Back