Mastermind Worksaws Finally Gets More Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
actually disc mowers arent that expensive anymore. Off brand chinese disc mowers can be bought new for $600 a foot or so but my problem with that is its still like mowing with a sickle bar....you either have to have 4 days for the hay to dry or your driving around the field again with a conditioner. Grand scheme of things that isnt very time or fuel efficient. cut ditioner is the cheapest way to get mowing/conditioning done in one pass. next up is a haybine. discbine is the best but IMHO arent worth the money unless your fields are glass smooth so that you can take advantage of the increased ground speed.

one thing to be noted about the cutditioner or the brush hog with panel removed is that it is very aggressive at "conditioning" the hay. If you have allot of clover and such in the fields all you will left with is stems

Haybine is the only way to go. Yes check rubber roller if it's bad brace thy self for violation. The rubber roller on our 14' hydro swing was in the neck of $2000 and I don't believe I exaggerate. Without a good crimp on hay it will warrant a incredibly long long dry time and this will allow leaves which contain 75% of the neutrints to fall from the stem and allow it to rain which wrecks anyone's day. Go hay conditioner

A tetter is Still. Need and I agree disc is not worth the cost increase unless your fields are flat and smooth or really rocky. The discs seem a little more forgiving with dirt than a sickle style. Just my 2cents.

I can see now that my application for that job was not properly filed (or maybe it was put in file #13). Otherwise it always hurts us older fellars to be beat out by the younger dudes. I can't help I've just crested the hill. But at least the younger generation is learning and working and all...:cool:

No way would I buy a sickle bar mower. Haybines can be found reasonable. Wobble box is expensive and so are the rubber rollers but with a haybine that tedder should never get used. Sickle bar mower will almost require you to have a separate conditioner and maybe use the tedder as well. Every time the hay is moved it loses leaves/nutrients so the fewer times it gets moved the better

Randy, do you have mostly grass to bale? Beware of red clover, it is notorious for being slow to dry down, and even if you think it's ready, it may get hot when baled. Grass & alfalfa are a little more "honest". Talk of leaf shatter applies mostly to legumes, NBD for grass.

No way would I buy a sickle bar mower. Haybines can be found reasonable. Wobble box is expensive and so are the rubber rollers but with a haybine that tedder should never get used. Sickle bar mower will almost require you to have a separate conditioner and maybe use the tedder as well. Every time the hay is moved it loses leaves/nutrients so the fewer times it gets moved the better
randy said he wanted to buy one, I commented accordingly.....

Time.........I wanna figure out to make more hours in each day.

I seem to recall this thread was about getting help...

Hire on Duh for the shop and make Calvin your parts man and you will have enough extra time to farm full time.

Still looking for a working A-C Roto baler close to Central VA.

Back