Modding the new MS201T - The truth inside

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And to think i drove by his house everyday to work. From kettering to Sharonville. I could of dropped my saw off and had it modified. Oh poop.:dizzy:

How do you tell when the rev limiter kicks in? I muffler modded, and drilled out the rev limiter pin. I turned the H up till it was screaming, I never did hear it four strokin.

How do you tell when the rev limiter kicks in? I muffler modded, and drilled out the rev limiter pin. I turned the H up till it was screaming, I never did hear it four strokin.

Rev limiter pin? They all are limited around 13k. Hearing it shouldn't be a problem. Done properly this saw HAS to be tuned in the cut.

when you say tuned in the cut, do you mean to adjust the H setting while cutting?

Yes but you'll have to richen it slightly to 4-stroke in the cut to achieve a base-line, then lean the H screw in small increments till it just cleans up in the cut. It's not necessary to try to turn the screw while cutting. You can make small adjustments then re-engage the saw in wood. Once it "just" cleans up in the wood, you have reached the "safe" high screw adjustment.

Last edited:
I ran a few cuts with it and it wasnt 4 stroking, so i guess i am ok. Guess if it goes bang, I know it was set to high Now I am worried i am gonna f ing up a $600 saw.

I ran a few cuts with it and it wasnt 4 stroking, so i guess i am ok. Guess if it goes bang, I know it was set to high Now I am worried i am gonna f ing up a $600 saw.

Try this. Open the H screw CCW 1/2 turn and listen carefully for "4-stroking" while cutting. If you do, slightly turn it CW just enough so the 4 stroking quits or "cleans up" while cutting. You'll be safe then.

Try this. Open the H screw CCW 1/2 turn and listen carefully for "4-stroking" while cutting. If you do, slightly turn it CW just enough so the 4 stroking quits or "cleans up" while cutting. You'll be safe then.

I will give that a try in the morning. I dont remember which way i turned the H when i was adjusting it so i guess its gonna be trial and error. Hopefully without a boom.

I will give that a try in the morning. I dont remember which way i turned the H when i was adjusting it so i guess its gonna be trial and error. Hopefully without a boom.

Open the H until it runs like ****/rich then start the leaning process. You'll know it when it's real fat(rich).

MS201 coil question

Ok, we know the MS201T has a limited coil, but so did the MS200T, just not the same limiting style. The old MS200 rear handle saw did not have a limiter. Does anyone know if the new MS201C-E rear handle have a limited coil? If not I’m thinking of a swap here. If anyone has any insight on this I’d like to hear it.

Thanks,
MP5N

Ok, we know the MS201T has a limited coil, but so did the MS200T, just not the same limiting style. The old MS200 rear handle saw did not have a limiter. Does anyone know if the new MS201C-E rear handle have a limited coil? If not I’m thinking of a swap here. If anyone has any insight on this I’d like to hear it.

Thanks,
MP5N

The C-E is limited as well.

Last edited:
This is one thread i wish I never saw. I can't stop watching the videos of the saw being revved up. I want one!!

Latest posts

Back