My little unit gets a lot more action then a big one

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoreyB

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just some small saw loving going on over here.
Any body else use their small saw more than their larger saw?
It seems that every one likes to recommend a 70cc saw but when ever I can I grab my small saw. I probably over work it a bit at times but that is why I bought it.
Who else has a sub 45cc saw that they seem to reach for before their larger saw?
Post a pick of your favorite small saw.
20151021_175222.jpg

I use my still 011AVT most of the time for anything up to 10". Unless it's only a few bigger cuts making it not worth starting the bigger saw to do them. I'd love to not be torn on using it or the 350. It's just so much lighter then the 350, and I'm trying to run the piss out of the 011AVT since it's rebuilt. I'd hate not to have a 35-50cc saw and only have a 60-80cc to use as a one saw plan. That would really suck

I use my still 011AVT most of the time for anything up to 10". Unless it's only a few bigger cuts making it not worth starting the bigger saw to do them. I'd love to not be torn on using it or the 350. It's just so much lighter then the 350, and I'm trying to run the piss out of the 011AVT since it's rebuilt. I'd hate not to have a 35-50cc saw and only have a 60-80cc to use as a one saw plan. That would really suck
Exactly! ^^^^^ :cheers:

Properly tuned and sharp chain 50cc saw is an amazing little beast. If you put it in perspective you got a KX50 in your hands. Vid was a couple years ago, I'm sure this kid is probably dead. Well he's jumping a camper trailer on a kx50 and doin' 100 footers on a 65. Should be able to do tree work with it.

for me especially now,, my 40cc saw is my go to saw for firewood,,, i have 2 31cc saws for limbing

I just posted this in another thread:

To be honest, I'm a hobbyist, and rarely running the 391 or 460 for more than 4 or 5 hours at a time...

Besides that, after about 3 hours, by back starts to make me think seriously about whether or not I could be using the 028Super instead. ;-)

Not sub 45cc, but I grab my 346 before anything else. I do have a small saw project in the works. I'm going to put a 377 crank in a 360 Shindaiwa. That'll be a real light little saw.

Same here - a short-bar 346 answers most questions for me, even in un-ported form.

Brad, are you going to be porting up that 360/377 hybrid? I have one of those hybrids, albeit unported, and it is a nifty little saw.

Little Jonsered 2041 with muff mod and non-stock chain geometry, botch chisel and semi-chisel, to get best performance. With muff mod (either the body and screen/deflector) for 80% exhaust port area this light saw is just joy to use with 15-16" and 325 chain. Nimble, pretty snappy acceleration, very smooth-as both tanks are in the engine body. Not the fastest, but up to 12" can give a run for money even to 50cc saw. One pull over TDC to start after first starting it in the morning (up to 3 pulls). After the muff mod, after five years I´m still in ave about gas mileage I can get with it. Definitely not a pro saw, day-in day-day out use would kill it very fast, but at job where it can have breaks is nice to have around.

Brad, are you going to be porting up that 360/377 hybrid? I have one of those hybrids, albeit unported, and it is a nifty little saw.
Yes, I will be. I need a crank to proceed though. A new one is only $75, but would nice to find a good used one. Or, how about you sell me your saw :)

Back