New 40-50 cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheapist is not the driver. Good power for weight, I like light and easy to handle. Long life is always good. I still use (and like) my Echo 290 from too many years ago! The Echo 346 is getting tired but many years of service.
The MS241C fitted with a 3/8” Picco chain is an amazing saw for its weight. It’s a pro saw with a magnesium case, so it’s a long lived, durable saw. The fact that it can use the narrower chain along with its good power for its weight makes it an exceptional saw. I think that there is also something with this saw that does not show up in its specifications. I think it makes its torque at a different speed in the power curve that matches the picco chain or something like that. It is an amazing combination. It is no longer sold in the US, but there are still some on dealer shelves here and there. I saw one a few weeks ago brand new on the shelf so they are still out there. This is a pro model so it’s not cheap, but is indeed an exceptional saw In every way.

I did three different seven day deployments for Hurricane Laura disaster relief and had my 241 for the last two deployments. Everyone who picked it up was either amazed by it or it least had a positive comment about it. I used it for a lot of limbing and had it in the bucket with my 200T. It’s a light weight saw with a serious attitude. I can’t say enough good about it.

OP, you said "I like light and easy to handle." I have not ever seen a 241 but others have said the Makita EA4300 is as good or better. I know that I love my 4300! There is something special about it. It just feels great in your hands and it sounds so cool! As for Makita gasoline saw parts becoming scarce, that does not concern me at this time. First, there is a real possibility they will sell the Dolmar brand and second, Makita is such a big company, parts might be available for a very long time.

Latest posts

Back