New Saw poll

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which new saw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If it's a short barrel that's a possibility. I'm looking to do a 14.5" upper here soon.

I think it is, standard A2 with heavier barrel. I would let it go right. It is practically new, 20 or 30 rds through it. I would like to build a CMMG AR with a 7.62 upper.

I think it is, standard A2 with heavier barrel. I would let it go right. It is practically new, 20 or 30 rds through it. I would like to build a CMMG AR with a 7.62 upper.
7.62 in an AR most always causes headaches since they're so finicky.

Probably not enough extra for a new saw and gun that I want or the wife wants.

550 is a little small for me. I started to put a 562 on there but figured I been using 70-90cc saws for so long why stop now. I would have put the 2260 on there but I don't know if we'll see it before 2014 at this rate.

I'm down to one saw now the 75 cc 372xpw.

What other saw could you need Mike, you already have the best. :D Get yourself a new rifle. I love my Colt Accurized AR, but it has a longer barrel then your looking for. It's the most accurate rifle I own. I can get inside 1/2 moa groups on a calm day and I can't shoot for crap. :msp_wink:

my lips are sealed:buttkick:

Can you at least tell us when we'll get to know what you know? :wink2:

Fer what! I dont see as many as I used to, atleast any decent deals.

Just because I want and I like the proven AK action. No different then buying a saw I dont need. :msp_rolleyes:

Thanksgiving I was shooting these.

Shot a 15 shot shotgun pump action. UTS 15 tactical UTS-15 Polymer Tactical Shotgun

FN PS90 with scope 5.7 28mm FN PS90 Triple Rail, 30rd, Black - Impact Guns

FN FS2000 .223 FN FS2000 Tactical Semi-auto Rifle, 223, 30 RD, Green - Impact Guns

I like the 362 Special, 365 Special, 371XP, & 372XP Huskies. Non are Strato.

I have more 372's but use them all side by side - doesn't make much difference.

Just because I want and I like the proven AK action. No different then buying a saw I dont need. :msp_rolleyes:

Thanksgiving I was shooting these.

Shot a 15 shot shotgun pump action. UTS 15 tactical UTS-15 Polymer Tactical Shotgun

FN PS90 with scope 5.7 28mm FN PS90 Triple Rail, 30rd, Black - Impact Guns

FN FS2000 .223 FN FS2000 Tactical Semi-auto Rifle, 223, 30 RD, Green - Impact Guns

But you NEED saws Kevin! Fin Feather Fur has what your looking for, but they were pricey last time I checked. Have you had an AK before? They arent all that accurate, but serve their purpose. They are pretty cool, and crudely simple/ dead nuts reliable. I sold mine to a friend and kind of miss it.

As far as the tactical shotguns go, have you seen the Keltec? I want one!

I like the 362 Special, 365 Special, 371XP, & 372XP Huskies. Non are Strato.

I have more 372's but use them all side by side - doesn't make much difference.

And of course you know that I think you have great taste in saws!

7.62 in an AR most always causes headaches since they're so finicky.

Have you heard much on the CMMG uppers? I havent read a whole lot, but it seems as though they make great guns for the buck. I have a Daniel Defense M4 with the quad rail setup and love it. I never plan on replacing that. I may not go the 7.62 route, just got my attention when I heard about them.

But you NEED saws Kevin! Fin Feather Fur has what your looking for, but they were pricey last time I checked. Have you had an AK before? They arent all that accurate, but serve their purpose. They are pretty cool, and crudely simple/ dead nuts reliable. I sold mine to a friend and kind of miss it.

As far as the tactical shotguns go, have you seen the Keltec? I want one!

I'm ex-miltary and still having to yearly qualify for job. I'm more into the old school proven actions and my bro is into the newer stuff.

Yes on AK SKS actions and Sagia 308 on AK actions. I'm not worried about target shooting. I'm all about center mass and fire power.

No on the Keltec, know nothing. Me pistol grip in 20 or 12 is all I need with 18" :msp_wink:

What other saw could you need Mike, you already have the best. :D Get yourself a new rifle. I love my Colt Accurized AR, but it has a longer barrel then your looking for. It's the most accurate rifle I own. I can get inside 1/2 moa groups on a calm day and I can't shoot for crap. :msp_wink:

If you are genuinely shooting .5 MOA you can shoot no ands, ifs, or buts!

I think I voted for the 2166 but after talking to my ol pal Randy (following reading his post about the 365), Im gonna get me one of these365's b4 the end of the year.:rock:

Have you heard much on the CMMG uppers? I havent read a whole lot, but it seems as though they make great guns for the buck. I have a Daniel Defense M4 with the quad rail setup and love it. I never plan on replacing that. I may not go the 7.62 route, just got my attention when I heard about them.
CMMG isn't bad, but they are usually out of stock on stuff.

I really don't think you would be happy with 7.62. Tons of people have issues with them.

Check out Anderson Manufacturing. I built 3 Anderson rifles this year and have had good luck with them. If you can assemble a lower then you can do an upper. I just did an upper Wednesday night in about 10 minutes. I did an Aero Precision upper with 18" mid length Black Hole Weaponry 5.56 barrel with 12" Midwest Industries rails with the Nikon M223 4-12x42 BDC 600.

I swapped guns with this guy over in Turkey for a little while. I cant remember the model but it was a H&K thinking 7.62 x ??

I was the armorer on shift.

CopyofTurkey-1.jpg

CMMG isn't bad, but they are usually out of stock on stuff.

I really don't think you would be happy with 7.62. Tons of people have issues with them.

Check out Anderson Manufacturing. I built 3 Anderson rifles this year and have had good luck with them. If you can assemble a lower then you can do an upper. I just did an upper Wednesday night in about 10 minutes. I did an Aero Precision upper with 18" mid length Black Hole Weaponry 5.56 barrel with 12" Midwest Industries rails with the Nikon M223 4-12x42 BDC 600.

I looked at the Nikon for my Daniel Defense but ended up going to the Burris MTAC. Nice glass, read a ton of good about the TAC30.
Who do you feel makes the best AR bang for the buck? Ive heard a little about Windham but dont know much about them either.

I looked at the Nikon for my Daniel Defense but ended up going to the Burris MTAC. Nice glass, read a ton of good about the TAC30.
Who do you feel makes the best AR bang for the buck? Ive heard a little about Windham but dont know much about them either.
Personally I would build one so you have the best bang for your buck. It depends on what you want to do with it and what you like in them. It's kinda like asking on here what the best bang for the buck on a saw is, you guys all have different uses and standards.

Windham has had good reviews. It's the Bushmaster founder that started Windham. Apparently after he sold Bushmaster and it went all to #### then once he non compete clause expired he hired all his former employees back under the new company, Windham.

Personally I would build one so you have the best bang for your buck. It depends on what you want to do with it and what you like in them. It's kinda like asking on here what the best bang for the buck on a saw is, you guys all have different uses and standards.

Windham has had good reviews. It's the Bushmaster founder that started Windham. Apparently after he sold Bushmaster and it went all to #### then once he non compete clause expired he hired all his former employees back under the new company, Windham.

Yeah I know that was kind of vague. Glad I bumped into you, look forward to talking to you more. Ill keep in touch via PM.

Davlee, local dealer has a 395 that is "new", Im guessing 10 minutes run time for around $950 if you are interested. Dont know if you would want one, but its a good deal. Ill pick it up and send it to you if need be.

Back