Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That saw cuts pretty good Mark and you do not have to worry about kick back.
Looks great, sounds great, cuts great. Nice job.

Thanks Roger, this picture is for you.

I really think when I'm in the mood, I will start a thread on this saw and let the rest of the picture and story out.

attachment.php

Well Mark, That is a little different, and rare! :msp_thumbup: I think my uncle had a saw like that years ago. But I think his was red. I assume it was a Homelite. I know he never liked it much, and got a regular chainsaw to replace it.:D Yours seems to get the job done though.

:cheers:
Gregg,

That's what I thought when I was over there. If you didn't know what exactly had been repaired, you'd be hard-pressed to find it.

Chris B.

Well I saw the saw first hand and I do know what was repaired and I still can't find it in the pics!
GREAT job Mark and Roger!

Mark, I don't know what you did to the BLADE on that saw but it is without a doubt the fastest cutting blade saw I've seen. (And I've actually seen several now)

You will have to post a tutorial on here similar to the one you gave me so everyone will know just HOW rare that saw really is!

Mike

Damn M mark^^^^, thats a really neat saw! Ive only seen the Wright versions, but yours is the 1st ive seen in action. I didnt know Poulan had a saw of that design :confused: Nice! Thanks for the vid :popcorn:

At some point (I don't know exactly when or what happened, hopefully the Poulan gurus will know) Wright became part of Poulan. My Wright 136 was a rebadged Poulan 361, made in Shreveport, LA.

Per document found on the net,
"In 1966, Beaird-Poulan acquired the Wright Saw Division of Thomas Industries, Inc...."

Link to document, appears to be a history of Poulan:

http://dl.owneriq.net/c/c9a0b982-4173-44b8-9483-43ff46d59882.pdf

Thats a good link right there. Tells alot about it.

Its aggrevating to see all the mistakes at Acres site with the Poulan/Wright connection and people dont understand that there mistakes.

Far as I can tell, Poulan never badged a Wright saw as a Poulan, never! Poulan did badge Poulan saws as Wrights. Soon after the Poulan buy out, the Wright plant quit producing Wright saws.

Ever wonder why Poulan even wanted to buy out Wright? Bet it wasnt for there chainsaws, they were not really that good that I have seen. I'm figureing they bought Wright just for there bladesaws, the patents for them and maybe there dealer network.

The Poulan 100 bladesaws and there relabled cousins were really Poulan saws as far as I can tell. I even found a Poulan patent for the recipicating assy on them and no where was Wright mentioned on it. The Poulan 100, Dayton 100, Wright 100 and AC 85 were all Poulan far as I can tell.

I now have 2 of the 4 that were made and am always looking for the other 2, the Poulan and the Dayton.

295 Muffler modifcation

Well, I decided to hack away on the muffler of the newly acquired 295. Doubled the size of the outlet. Too far? Not enough? Put a 16" bar on it with some almost decent stihl chain.WOW! Didn't know a little 46cc saw could cut like that. Had to richen it up a bit( ok, a lot).

Well, I decided to hack away on the muffler of the newly acquired 295. Doubled the size of the outlet. Too far? Not enough? Put a 16" bar on it with some almost decent stihl chain.WOW! Didn't know a little 46cc saw could cut like that. Had to richen it up a bit( ok, a lot).

Good saw right there. Have a buddy who cut well over 50 cords with his.

I had one last year until one of my co-workers decided that he wanted it more than I did.
I had ported it rather mildly and opened the muffler and It cut a BUNCH of my firewood this year!
Great little saw.
Inexpensive to buy, runs further than I do on a tank of fuel, readily available parts at much less cost than the "other saws" and not nearly as likely to get pilfered out of your truck!!!

Mike

I am glad to see you left the spark arrestor screen in it. Great little saws.
I have several and like Mike said you cannot beat them for the money.

274559d1358739606-pp-295-rebuild-011-jpg

View attachment 274559

Latest posts

Back