Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't understand how the Edit feature "works" :bang:.

My Poulan wish list (the short one ;)), 245SA & 4400 CounterVibe, should soon be pared down to one model.

2400 ( the gost of a saw )

yup Dave has all the poulans other then a model 2400 2 man poulan that how big his poulan collection is .

The 2400 remains to be found , have seen one but it was in real BAD shape and the wrong kind of bow on it , i once talked on the phone to a man , here in va. that has a nos 2400 two man saw but no luck on getting it or even seeing it in person , but i can't give up... :help:
dave

My parents & I drove from Houston to Rock Springs back to Houston back in the mid '70s (long story). The wind in Wyoming got real old real fast. We quickly learned why the nicer rest areas had enclosed tables, but even the 'staggered' entrances didn't completely keep out the wind.

I'm guessing that desireable large trees bring good $$.

saws

Wow Dave those are some really neat pictures. I enjoyed looking at them very much. I may even go back and look two or three times.

I have been collecting for a while now since 2000 and i have realy hit the pavement hard .
guido salvage knows me well , i remember talking to him at shows before he even didn't like saws , that man has a collection of every thing else too!!!!!
Me and a friend of mine are sponsering a gtg in louisa viginia , for those who do not know yet ( central va. gtg 2013 ) igpoe will be there and others too . lots of fun..

dave

I have been collecting for a while now since 2000 and i have realy hit the pavement hard .
guido salvage knows me well , i remember talking to him at shows before he even didn't like saws , that man has a collection of every thing else too!!!!!
Me and a friend of mine are sponsering a gtg in louisa viginia , for those who do not know yet ( central va. gtg 2013 ) igpoe will be there and others too . lots of fun..

dave

remember i know you well 2 i will be at central va. gtg 2013 but you know that.

The 2400 remains to be found , have seen one but it was in real BAD shape and the wrong kind of bow on it , i once talked on the phone to a man , here in va. that has a nos 2400 two man saw but no luck on getting it or even seeing it in person , but i can't give up... :help:
dave

true naiver give up it will come one day you watch

My parents & I drove from Houston to Rock Springs back to Houston back in the mid '70s (long story). The wind in Wyoming got real old real fast. We quickly learned why the nicer rest areas had enclosed tables, but even the 'staggered' entrances didn't completely keep out the wind.

I'm guessing that desireable large trees bring good $$.

Yes this is true. On the praire there is nothing to stop the wind. That is why you get yourself a big garage to play in and get out of the wind.

Wyoming is one of those places that is all about the outdoors. If you do not like the outdoors and are willing to put up with comes along with that, it is not a place you want to be. It can be exciting and a pain both at the same time and I can't wait.

When I was in Texas in the military we had a saying that Texas was the only place you could be up to your neck in snow and still get dust in your face. I am sure Wyoming will be just like that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back