Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I would put up a couple of pictures of the couple new shelves I put up in the office of my shop. Needed to put up a couple more of my "special" saws. :)

attachment.php

That really nice Mark. I like the way you have some them with the bars criss crossing one another. I have no room here where I am now to do a display of any kind but when I get to
Wyoming this year it will all change.

Pic of my garage in Wyoming and the semi trailer I have for storage. The building is 2000 square feet.

274564d1358740276-trailer-1-jpg

View attachment 274564

That really nice Mark. I like the way you have some them with the bars criss crossing one another. I have no room here where I am now to do a display of any kind but when I get to
Wyoming this year it will all change.

Pic of my garage in Wyoming and the semi trailer I have for storage. The building is 2000 square feet.

View attachment 274564

2000 sq ft's pretty good! You will be surprised how fast you can fill it up though. :laugh: I can see that trailer stuffed with saw parts in the future too!

A bit of Poulan progress

CAM00046.jpg

CAM00048.jpg

CAM00049.jpg

CAM00053.jpg

Converted my PP330 from the 'newer' style tank vent setup (with the duckbill sitting in a recess in the side of the tank, behind a sintered bronze plug) that requires 1/2 the saw to be torn down to service.....................to the 'older' 3000-3500 (and 3400-4000 series) style vent setup with the second line, plastic 'barb' fitting, and a duckbill inside the tank. Plugged the old vent hole (duckbill seat) with a sheet metal screw coated in Threebond-1194. Tank now holds pressure.

Drilled a 13/64" hole in a spot that looked to have been marked for a hole (maybe that's where the older saws had 'em). Put a duckbill valve on one end of a 'double barb' fitting from a parts Micro that I had laying around, and attached a length of 3/32"x3/16" fuel line.

Used a piece of fishing line to pull the fuel line through the filler hole and up/out through the drilled hole until seated. Should have taken a pic of the duckbill/line/fitting setup I guess. Didn't think of pics until the vent setup was already installed. Rebuilt the HDA164 carb.

CAM00036.jpg

CAM00043.jpg

CAM00037.jpg

Did a 'quick and dirty muffler mod on the saw a few weeks ago. Removed the inner 'tube', drilled some more holes in the diffuser, opened the outlet hole a bit (until my dremel stone died). Shot a quick coat of BBQ high-temp black and reinstalled the muffler. Last pic shows the removed tube set back in the can to show how much I opened up the outlet. From the factory, the tube is pressed into the can on the outlet side and welded to the other side for those that haven't seen one of these mufflers apart.

STILL waiting for the AV buffers, intake boot, 'early' style short (non stupid-looking) spike, and a few other bits that are on backorder (going on a month now). Wish the seller's site had correctly reflected the availability of said parts. I would have ordered elsewhere. Also waiting on the backordered clutch tool that I ordered through my local Husky dealer. Got tired of having my bench tied up for over a month............so I boxed up the damn 330 and put it in a corner until the parts feel like showing up....

Hey Aaron I know how you feel. I am going through this with my 475 right now. People put stuff on their web sites and you order and then call back 2 months later to find out that it is NLA.

I would have thought the AV buffers would have been easy to get. The intake boot could be harder to find.

Nice job on the vent you will not have to worry about that down the road.

Hey Aaron I know how you feel. I am going through this with my 475 right now. People put stuff on their web sites and you order and then call back 2 months later to find out that it is NLA.

I would have thought the AV buffers would have been easy to get. The intake boot could be harder to find.

Nice job on the vent you will not have to worry about that down the road.

Thanks my friend. I was surprised as well. The buffers are all over feebay. If I'd have known that they were backordered from whichever source that this seller uses for Poulan parts..........I'd have gone elsewhere.

I'm guessing that only one or two of the parts in the Poulan portion of my order are actually backordered.................and the seller is having that drop shipment held until ALL the parts are ready to go to minimize shipping costs....

I have a crankcase half on a big old red saw that I'd like to send to you for welding at some point if you're game. Will send you pics and details later...........after I strip the saw down.

What do you mean Al, I think your already there, just need the shelves right? :)

Well, shelves I can do but I don't have many nice Poulans to sit on them like you do. You need security there!

CAM00046.jpg

having my bench tied up for over a month............so I boxed up the damn 330 and put it in a corner until the parts feel like showing up....

Nice work Aaron. And that 330 is a nice saw. I have a 3000 that I am still to get to and I am certain it needs buffers - glad to hear they are still available.

I think we all put saws in boxes so we don't have to look at them. Today I opened a mysterious box and saw an 056mag looking at me - for the life of me I can't remember where it came from. I closed it back up and replaced it under the bench. Suppose I'll open it again next year and get another surprise. :msp_biggrin:

View attachment 274564

Oh man, that is some big country! I can understand how that would be the ultimate place to retire. No neighbours to worry you there. I could pull out my Sharps 45/90 and shoot from the back yard and nobody would care. You are a lucky man.

Latest posts

Back