Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There I fixed it for what you really wanted to say way deep down... :laugh:

Deep down ;):laugh:

images

To the rest of you truly needing the 16" K041 bars. The phone # was included in the link of the shop selling them. :msp_biggrin:

Well let me see the weather was pretty warm here today.

I went out yesterday to the mountains around 8000 ft to cut beetle kill with the BIL. I took my 335 which performed flawlessly. We were cutting down pine around 70 to 90 ft tall and around 14" at the base. Although I have bucked a lot of wood I have not fallen a lot of trees so it is a good time for me to practice. If the tree falls the wrong way no one or nothing gets hurt. We cut down 5 trees on this trip and all went ok. I did not say any thing but my 335 was making about 3 cuts to his one when bucking up the logs for loading. He runs a MS260. Maybe his chain just needed sharpening.

I picked up these two saws today, 306A came with color ad and manual, tuned it and slowed the idle down and she is a runner. The 53, well the picture speaks for itself, original bar and chain, cleaned the fuel tank and carb and she fired up with spray in the muffler. i am happy!!!View attachment 311302View attachment 311303View attachment 311304View attachment 311305

Glad your happy, but sorry to say that picture of the 53 don't make me happy.

That's the saw that I thought I had bought. Seller said no problem to ship it to me and was just waiting for him to tell me the shipping cost and where to send the money to.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that you ended up with it, but I really don't like sellers who turn out to be liars...

All I can say is congrats to the one and man you got screwed to the other.

I got this one for free today. It bounced off the end of truck and then sat in the top of a barn for 5 years. I pulled the muff and it is a 3800 but the piston and cylinder are pristine.

View attachment 311428View attachment 311429
311428d1377473588-003-jpg

311429d1377473589-002-jpg

Dang, too bad it broke the case as well as the handle. If you want to fix it, let me know what you need for sure and I'll see what I got.

That's ok about the 53, like I said glad it went to a good home just like to get the clean ones when I can, and am actually more looking for a 53A.

I still done ok, got a Allis Chalmers due in this week along with the holy grail type 744...

Dang, too bad it broke the case as well as the handle. If you want to fix it, let me know what you need for sure and I'll see what I got.

That's ok about the 53, like I said glad it went to a good home just like to get the clean ones when I can, and am actually more looking for a 53A.

I still done ok, got a Allis Chalmers due in this week along with the holy grail type 744...

Thanks Mark I will fix it but I have not decided yet on my plan of attack, but I will let you know if I do need something.

Last edited:
sometimes you get to witness something really cool that a couple of good guys did for another good guy. Sometimes these things happen in your living room.
Mike and Mark: You guys are good eggs.

Andre spotting the saw in my living room (after he already sat down)

DSC_0019.JPG

the saw

DSC_0020.JPG

Andre with his prize

DSC_0022.JPG

Oct 12, 2013

Mike

Ok, I want to know if any of you Poulan Geeks would want one of these T-shirts that I'm gonna have made. I figured I would do it kinda like Lowvolt did at the West Ohio GTG couple months ago, and take orders & size before hand. I wanted to make them a free give away at this years Poulan GTG, but the price gets up there..:mad:

I love you guys...but at $13.50 a piece for that many is some expensive love..LOL:hmm3grin2orange:

So if ya want one, just let me know what size. So I can get an order in, in a couple weeks. Can just pay for it at the GTG, like Lowvolt did at Boda65's gtg.

wm-front_zpscb8827eb.jpg

wm-back_zpse97bd907.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,
Oct 12th ehh:cheers: I'll take a Large.

Last edited:
Back