Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I want to know if any of you Poulan Geeks would want one of these T-shirts that I'm gonna have made. I figured I would do it kinda like Lowvolt did at the West Ohio GTG couple months ago, and take orders & size before hand. I wanted to make them a free give away at this years Poulan GTG, but the price gets up there..

I love you guys...but at $13.50 a piece for that many is some expensive love..LOL

So if ya want one, just let me know what size. So I can get an order in, in a couple weeks. Can just pay for it at the GTG, like Lowvolt did at Boda65's gtg.

Gregg make mine a XXL shirt please and just one. :msp_wub: :rock::cool2:

I just got back from testing my wild things, trying to get them to pop so I could testy them lubed up they haven't been messed with in a couple of years....probably 25 pulls to get them to fire.....15 more with the comp tester in place, 145 on the first one. Same for the second one. Then the 3rd one about 100 pulls trying to get it to fire. pulled it 20 times to get it to 120. never did fire. Only got to around 100 first 10 pulls 6 would get it to 70-75. Sweating like crazy...skeeters got to me before I could get to the 330. I knew one of these was junk just couldn't remember which one.
298499d1370307159-wt1-jpg

298500d1370307176-wt10-jpg

298501d1370307187-wt20-jpg

298502d1370307200-wt30-jpg

Yes, I find the older ones usually better than the new ones which are set VERY lean to satisfy the EPA. With a muff mod they are decent little home owner saws, you would run one all day for business. Well maybe but not for too many days.

Regards,

Lee

sometimes you get to witness something really cool that a couple of good guys did for another good guy. Sometimes these things happen in your living room.
Mike and Mark: You guys are good eggs.

Andre spotting the saw in my living room (after he already sat down)

DSC_0019.JPG

the saw

DSC_0020.JPG

Andre with his prize

DSC_0022.JPG

Mike and Mark are something, first the 5200 and now this nice little Skilsaw to match it's big brother.

attachment.php

I honestly don't know what to say. Thank you.:yourock:

She should be running very soon, all it needs is a new fuel line, which I have. The carb looks great inside, doesn't even need a kit as of now.:rock:

Mike and Mark are something, first the 5200 and now this nice little Skilsaw to match it's big brother.

She should be running very soon, all it needs is a new fuel line, which I have. The carb looks great inside, doesn't even need a kit as of now.:rock:

No thanks necessary!
This is just a little something we wanted to do to show you how much we appreciate the work you have done to make our old junks cut faster!!!
Now you have ANOTHER unbeatable 2 saw combo to compliment your 346/372 and 7900/420.

Mike

look what came in the mail last Friday

How about an NIB PP330! I was very happy to purchase one off my buddy Mark. Havent fueled it yet, probably this week. I remember when everyone was scooping these up at TSC a few years ago, I wanted one bad but when my store finally opened the 330s were gone. Right after that I found 2 335s one of which looks new both are great performers. Then I found a super low hour 330 on the bay which Ive used a few times. Could easily be my one saw plan if I was a "normal" wood cutter. Then I traded Aaron one of my 4000s for his "hopped up" 330 and now I have a new one. Are 3 enough ya think?

my almost new one swapped to 3/8"

The Eccentric Special

and the early 54cc PPs

How about an NIB PP330! I was very happy to purchase one off my buddy Mark. Havent fueled it yet, probably this week. I remember when everyone was scooping these up at TSC a few years ago, I wanted one bad but when my store finally opened the 330s were gone. Right after that I found 2 335s one of which looks new both are great performers. Then I found a super low hour 330 on the bay which Ive used a few times. Could easily be my one saw plan if I was a "normal" wood cutter. Then I traded Aaron one of my 4000s for his "hopped up" 330 and now I have a new one. Are 3 enough ya think?

my almost new one swapped to 3/8"

The Eccentric Special

and the early 54cc PPs
Is three enough. Not an easy question!

attachment.php

Andre, that Skil/3400 of yours was first and foremost in my mind when I stumbled across that S25CVA Skil saw..

Mike couldn't wait to get if from me to get it to you. That was in my intentions from the beginning though. I knew it was a dandy when I first picked it up. If you want to change out that temperature limiting muffler, let me know I think I got a few new regular muffler covers here.

Ok, so the 245a in town was reduced in price to a point I couldn't ignore anymore. .. you won't believe the pics when I get home. I'm still in shock.

This saw looks basically brand new.. I really think it's maybe done a couple cuts EVER.. Even the original QC stamp still on the bottom.. Fuel tank was bone dry, I haven't even tried to fire it yet.. I took these pics in the guy's driveway as soon as he shut the door..

Suck-worthy score?

Honestly, not sure about keeping it.. Looks like good trade material.. I'd be too tempted to run it, and it's almost too nice for that.. damn CAD...

Last edited:

This saw looks basically brand new.. I really think it's maybe done a couple cuts EVER.. Even the original QC stamp still on the bottom.. Fuel tank was bone dry, I haven't even tried to fire it yet.. I took these pics in the guy's driveway as soon as he shut the door..

Suck-worthy score?

Honestly, not sure about keeping it.. Looks like good trade material.. I'd be too tempted to run it, and it's almost too nice for that.. damn CAD...

If I could have gotten it here, it would be a Kentucky saw now.
Nice score.
You suk!

Mike

3 is not even close to enough! I have about 10 or is it 11 between PP330,PP380,3450,3750 in that series.

Poulan color changes etc.

How many different shades of green were used? I have several saws with different shades of green. Also whe was the transition from tan to green? 1968ish? I see some models around that era are both green and tan.

Thanks

Suck-worthy score?

yeah, you suck. got limited $$ but got some saws i'd trade you for that if interested. you pay postage on yours, i pay postage on mine?

Hi Mark

Andre, that Skil/3400 of yours was first and foremost in my mind when I stumbled across that S25CVA Skil saw..

Mike couldn't wait to get if from me to get it to you. That was in my intentions from the beginning though. I knew it was a dandy when I first picked it up. If you want to change out that temperature limiting muffler, let me know I think I got a few new regular muffler covers here.

So how does the temperature limiting muffler work?

Regards,

Lee:msp_confused:

yeah, you suck. got limited $$ but got some saws i'd trade you for that if interested. you pay postage on yours, i pay postage on mine?

Here's my plan righr now. I'm gonna splash a little gas in it later just so I can verify it runs as good as it looks. I wouldn't feel right putting it out there as a 9.5/10 saw if it isn't truly right. I'll post a video, and move the discussion of selling/trading to the appropriate thread so as to keep things proper. My 655 might follow suit if the current deal I made on it doesn't go thru as well.

Believe me, I really wasn't in a position to buy it, but, I couldn't let it go to someone looking for a cheap firewood saw who'd ultimately thrash it.

Latest posts

Back