Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smaller old Poulans than a Super 25

Yes, I have a Super 25 Deluxe and have seen even smaller ones back
then. Check with the Poulan Posse for details on the Poulan thread.

Last edited:
Yes, I have a Super 25 Deluxe and have seen even smaller ones back
then. Check with the Poulan Posse for details on the Poulan thread.

The Micro was the smallest of that line and were great little saws.
They matured and evolved into myriad different forms, and got a little "cheaper" with every evolution but they were still a pretty good saw for homeowner/light firewood/camp use.

Mike

nthums1,
Not being familiar with this model so can't speak from experience. The IPL for this saw that I looked at, doesn't show the location of the vent. But, the parts that it shows for the vent, look to be like the setup on a 380. If thats the case, the tank vent is on the left side of the saw, there is a bronze or brass vent plug, with a duck-bill valve behind that. On the side of the tank.

:cheers:
Gregg,

Gregg, looks like you nailed it and summed it up.

Think I was Misled- My bad

Needed a bar and chain combo for my new Canadian Poulan 3000. Baileys didn't have a 16" .325 bar so I called and they said the Arbormax AML 16 SJ58 would fit. Well, it fits but I don't believe the oil holes line up with the saws output hole. Very little, if no oil gets onto chain. I compared bars to an Oregon bar(A041 mount) that fits my 3000 and immediately noticed that the Oregon bar is oiled thru the chain adjustment holes. I probably should have gone 3/8 and I wouldn't have had this problem as the Arbormax is available in this pitch. Any suggestions . Do you think I can modify the oiler holes? This confirms the adage that "You get what you pay for".
Bob

Needed a bar and chain combo for my new Canadian Poulan 3000. Baileys didn't have a 16" .325 bar so I called and they said the Arbormax AML 16 SJ58 would fit. Well, it fits but I don't believe the oil holes line up with the saws output hole. Very little, if no oil gets onto chain. I compared bars to an Oregon bar(A041 mount) that fits my 3000 and immediately noticed that the Oregon bar is oiled thru the chain adjustment holes. I probably should have gone 3/8 and I wouldn't have had this problem as the Arbormax is available in this pitch. Any suggestions . Do you think I can modify the oiler holes? This confirms the adage that "You get what you pay for".
Bob
You might be able to modify the bar so that it will oil. If you do remember to modify both sides in case you turn the bar over. Or you could trade it or put it on ebay or CL. Wonder if Bailey's would take it back?

Last edited:
Bob,

All you have to do is take a chain file or a carbide burr and cut the adjuster holes up into the railways.
It makes the adjuster holes oval instead of round, but they came that way on many bars.

Mike

Bob,

All you have to do is take a chain file or a carbide burr and cut the adjuster holes up into the railways.
It makes the adjuster holes oval instead of round, but they came that way on many bars.

Mike

Mike, I may try that. Enlarging existing oil hole won't help as it appears they are too high on bar. For what it cost I can't go too wrong.

You might be able to modify the bar so that it will oil. If you do remember to modify both sides in case you turn the bar over. Or you could trade it or put it on ebay or CL. Wonder if Bailey's would take it back?

Likely not. I enlarged the existing oil hole but I believe its too high on bar and misses oil outlet groove on saw.

Most saws use a removeable inner chain guide plate that has the oiler hole in them. I just remove this guide plate and place it on the bar in the position it would rest if it was still on the saw. It is then easy to see where the oiler hole has to be located. They will still oil fine if the rails are higher than the oiler hole in the plate, just drill/cut the hole in the bar up from the plate hole position to the bar rail groove level. I have done so many bars this way I hope it makes sense to othere that read this.
Pioneerguy600

I would have drove up there to get it but the guy never returned my e-mails:dizzy:

i called him up and asked if he would ship it. he did but i had to pay extra for his trouble. are u the fellow that his shop burnt and burned up the 4.2? if so i felt bad after i read your post. sorry
jnl

Bob

Bob, they send you a small mount Husky bar! Did they tell you that it was .058 gauge also?

Thats complete BS and seems Baileys has been screwing up lately on matching bars to saws.

The bar listings are a joke and there selector is screwed up also. I went to there site and looked myself and for a 16" bar for that saw they listed mostly 3/8s low pro bars for it.

This is so screwed up its not funny and I just metioned that to Greg (Grande) in another thread here awhile ago.

I would get in touch with Baileys and let them know that they screwed up again!

If you don't want to bother you can do as was suggested and slot the adjuster holes straight up to oil through them like the original bar is supposed to.

In fact Oregon used to make a bar that was a sort of combo mount that would work on both, and why they quit is a mystery to me.

Most saws use a removeable inner chain guide plate that has the oiler hole in them. I just remove this guide plate and place it on the bar in the position it would rest if it was still on the saw. It is then easy to see where the oiler hole has to be located. They will still oil fine if the rails are higher than the oiler hole in the plate, just drill/cut the hole in the bar up from the plate hole position to the bar rail groove level. I have done so many bars this way I hope it makes sense to othere that read this.
Pioneerguy600

Thats a good tip Jerry and one that makes you slap yourself in the forehead for not thinking of that myself.

That tip wont work in this application though as the new oiler hole would be way to low almost below the bar groove.

attachment.php
anyone got any interest in my poulan 4200 before i put it in the treaed post and/or swap meet. thought i would give you all first glance at it. it runs but needs a carb kit badly. i think it has a 20" bar and chain. they are in good shape. the nut on the top cover is just a regular nut. don't think it is stock

Latest posts

Back