Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something is ringing a bell in my head, but my search here came up with No Results.

As most of you have probably seen (if you hadn't......you're welcome) someone on eBay has parted out a Dayton 2Z462A. I can't remember which Poulan model that is.

And something is telling me there was some incorrect info floating around about that Dayton (Poulan) model.....?:confused:?

I think that one was a 202/306 style...

A person doesn't have to be a hunter to appreciate a nice hand-crafted knife.

You're right Chris, I plan on carrying it when I'm out in the woods. My Mom used to do pottery and just gave me a kiln that he can heat treat the knives in instead of the way he was doing it before, should make that part a lot easier.

This S25DA I'm working on is giving me fits. I've replaced the fuel line, fuel filter, carb is good, new crank seals, new gasket under the handle and it still acts like it has a small leak somewhere. I can almost get it to idle down right but then it will bog and die when I go to throttle it. It will also occasionally speed up when I've almost got it idled down. Any other suggestions?

Nate,
Have you pulled off the oil pump cap & looked at the condition of the pump diaphragm?
Blown up Dia Pic A.jpeg
That's a big air leak there, when the plunger comes loose from the material, it leaves a big hole.
Hell, even Mark would agree with me on that S25DA air leak source ! LOL

Attachments

• Blown dia Pic B.jpeg
    Blown dia Pic B.jpeg
    831.7 KB · Views: 12
Nate,
Have you pulled off the oil pump cap & looked at the condition of the pump diaphragm?
View attachment 485152
That's a big air leak there, when the plunger comes loose from the material, it leaves a big hole.
Hell, even Mark would agree with me on that S25DA air leak source ! LOL

I have not, all I know about the oiler is that the manual oiler works on this one. I'll have to check that as well, thank you.

I ran across a Poulan 245A bow saw today in a customers shed. It looked complete. The bar bolts look Jerry rigged though . . but otherwise it looked not to be abused. Also hanging next to it was a bow that matched the one on the 245 and an orange one that was the same size and a really cool bow that had an all aluminum top guard that was built into the sprocket cover which was all bolted to the bow. It had some blue paint on it and was in good shape. The part number was 1231. The dogs on the bottom looked like most of them on Poulans but were blue too, like the old Homelite xls.
The owner wasn't there so I couldn't ask him about them but I am catching up with him tomorrow to settle up on the job which to me would be a good time to make an offer on the stuff. I have known the guy for years and don't want to take advantage but I don't know what they are worth either.
From using the search function here I found out that the bow setup on that saw is a bit rare but I could not find any current values on that and nothing on that cool bow blade.
Does anyone know what would be a fair offer ?

This is the saw:
image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Piston is scored. Recoil works but flywheel key is gone. Jerry rigged bar bolts but ingenious and very functional if chain was not too long. Pretty cool machine with the bow set up.

I had a pristine non bow version that burnt up in my shop fire. I couldn't help but think how great it would have been to put the bow set up on that saw. I took my 4000 apart once to put the bow on that 245. It was a waste of time but that was one gutsy saw. I never knew how great it was until it was gone.
I would say p & c needed but you never know. I am not real picky on perfection. 16:1 will slime over a lot of imperfections. lol. Otherwise it appears almost complete. Those bar bolts might be a tough find.
All my saws are runners or on their way to be and I really don't have time for this. I have had offers to buy it already and for available parts for it. Also I don't want another 90% correct project and then can't find the remaining parts. On the fence. I could shelve it and accumulate parts but it would be down the line a good bit. And I just have it to evaluate, it's not mine yet, unless I want it.
I never expected to get it on waivers. I just wanted to knock something off my bill and take a chance.
I was happy not to leave that stuff behind in that shed but now it's complicated. I just don't know enough about these saws.
Are any of these parts that are needed impossible to find ?

Thanks to a member on AS I picked up. 4Z251A and a 4Z251.
e513f41f07ad0699735a8fc26a0c0326.jpg
do any of you know the difference? In the two?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Back