Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to a member on AS I picked up. 4Z251A and a 4Z251.
e513f41f07ad0699735a8fc26a0c0326.jpg
do any of you know the difference? In the two?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
The one on the left setup for a bow, or looks like it.

Steve

The model without the A has an adjustable oiler

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I don't know the difference in the Dayton models, never really seen any documentation from Dayton on any of them.

There were slight difference's in the 245 based saws over there production with different suffixes.

The adjustable oiler kind of dates it to a real early model , but interesting to see operator presence levers on both of them.

Like I said before, relabeled saws were sometimes built to other specs for the vendors.

Ok, night mission last night. Couldn't take it anymore so made a few cuts in a round I had to test a couple saws I haven't used yet. The 3700 I muff modded which cut and ran great and the muff modded 3000. All I can say about that 3000 is WOW! What a great smaller saw, I can't wait to use it a bunch this summer.

Tried a couple cuts with the "Franken4200" and I don't think it's gonna make it. Started to cut ok but just didn't have anything when it would 4 stroke, would cut at all really.

3000 and 3700 picture.

20160212_092444_resized.png

Ok, night mission last night. Couldn't take it anymore so made a few cuts in a round I had to test a couple saws I haven't used yet. The 3700 I muff modded which cut and ran great and the muff modded 3000. All I can say about that 3000 is WOW! What a great smaller saw, I can't wait to use it a bunch this summer.

Tried a couple cuts with the "Franken4200" and I don't think it's gonna make it. Started to cut ok but just didn't have anything when it would 4 stroke, would cut at all really.

3000 and 3700 picture.

View attachment 485491

You guys are gonna make me want buy one of these 3000's aren't you! :D Here nothing but good it seems..

Gregg,

Latest posts

Back