Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wrapped up a 3rd 3000 today. It seems to run really well. It has a flocked filter that I am not certain how I will rescue. My other two have the nylon screen. It is getting thin in spots.

Took a pic with the other 2. Makes me want to go cut some firewood.

View attachment 510033
I've repaired flocked filters by hot gluing a non organic material from a fabric store onto the frame. Works so far. Believe Carl has used a different method

I wrapped up a 3rd 3000 today. It seems to run really well. It has a flocked filter that I am not certain how I will rescue. My other two have the nylon screen. It is getting thin in spots.

Took a pic with the other 2. Makes me want to go cut some firewood.

View attachment 510033

Use the felt. The first time I used the hard felt was on a 4200 filter. Glue/ Goop hot melt it on.....

Thanks for the heads up. I pulled the cover off of the carb to check out the diaphragm, and to my surprise, the internals look brand new as if someone has already replaced gaskets, seals, diaphragm, etc.

Good deal, that's one of the few saws that you don't have to pull the carb to check.

They did it right back then.

anyone know diff bet 4200 & 4400, besides tank & top cover? picked this 4400 up for someone here.

guess no pic today???

That about covers it except a running change to 3/8" bar studs so it could have 5/16" OR 3/8" studs. Longer throttle rod and maybe choke pull. It's also a bit heavier.

The 4200 top covers came both ways. I have the top nut and stud bracket on the cylinder like yours but most of the US models I've seen have the three screws.

The 4200 and 5200 could have used the larger fuel tank as they suck gas like an Edsel.

I'm guessing that was a cost savings by eliminating the stud bracket, special nut, snap ring and spring washer with three screws.

Anyone know what these kits fit? Aftermarket #
216bc9bd4f62b1ebddcd7d07e4a21165.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Anyone know what these kits fit? Aftermarket #
216bc9bd4f62b1ebddcd7d07e4a21165.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Hard to see, but those round bits look like old school Walbro SDC. Obviously a more accurate way to know would be to cross reference the part number (which is undoubtedly what you had in mind). I am not smart enough to do that. :(

EDIT: Nope, I'm wrong

Latest posts

Back