Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My S25 is giving me fits. Chain turned by hand fine w/o the clutch cover on but with the clutch cover tight chain won't move. Clutch doesn't appear to be hitting the cover. Any thoughts?

I've found it's almost always hitting the bar plate. Not sure if you have them installed but if you do, clean them up and coat them with a magic marker where the chain will pass them. Slowly tighten the clutch cover until the chain starts to drag when turned by hand and after turning the chain around several times, pull the plates and see where the chain is hitting. Fix by bending the plates to clear.

If it's anything else, you're screwed for sure.

Your friend,

Tim

I've found it's almost always hitting the bar plate. Not sure if you have them installed but if you do, clean them up and coat them with a magic marker where the chain will pass them. Slowly tighten the clutch cover until the chain starts to drag when turned by hand and after turning the chain around several times, pull the plates and see where the chain is hitting. Fix by bending the plates to clear.

If it's anything else, you're screwed for sure.

Your friend,

Tim
You may be right, cause I also changed the guide plates as well when changing bars.

A chunk of the flywheel bounced off my knee and had a scratch on my little finger. No serious damage to me. The chain flew off and stopped things instantly. The flywheel couldn't take the sudden stop. After closer inspection the bar was slightly bent near the mount witch is what caused the chain to fly off. Back to square one with this saw!

Yikes.
It's a real shame there's so much damage.
I'm guessing you didn't have it by the front handle.
I see a shiny spot on the flywheel at the hub. Is that the camera flash or a brittle fracture? It may have been cracked.

I did have it by both handles. Luckily I had it tipped down in front so the flywheel half that came out the top must have just missed my arm and the half that went out the bottom just clipped my right knee. The shiny spot must be the camera flash.

I can get pics of the bar tomorrow but I specifically cycled the chain brake before I started it just because I want to make sure that the chain brake worked so I am sure the brake was off.

Latest posts

Back