Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a question regarding my Craftsman branded S25. It says to mix a 1/2Pt of oil to a gallon of gas on the starting instructions, that can't be right can it? Seems like too much oil to me.

Last edited:
Not sure if you're referring to me, but I did buy some parts he had am am looking at more.

That was indeed referring to you. ;) Very indirect way of saying thanks for all the stuff you've provided me in the past. Wish you could make it to the GTG, but I do understand that it's a long trip for you. :msp_thumbsup:

I am not familiar with that product. Does it have some kind of stabalizer in it? Do you know what the shelf life is and it is easier on the fuel lines and carbs that regular mix?:msp_confused:

Yes, Tru-Fuel has a Stabilizer. From what I understand the 2 year shelf life starts after the can is opened. Has something to do with the metal Can and manufacturing process. There's no Ethanol in it either so it should be easier on the synthetic parts like fuel lines. It's Benzene free, whatever Benzene is. It' made by True South in Shreveport, LA. Comes in a 32oz Can at Wal-Mart for just under $4 each. TruFuel | A digital media agency - colorado flash animators, flash animation colorado, flash animator colorado, flash animators colorado, animation studio boulder, boulder animation studio, colorado animation, animation colorado, flash animation, ani

Again, unless you're filthy rich or don't use 2-cycle equipment that much you probably wouldn't be interested in it.

Hey guys, I remember reading Mark said you could change out the crank seals without pulling the crank, so what do I use to yank em out with?? It's on an S25DA.

Hey guys, I remember reading Mark said you could change out the crank seals without pulling the crank, so what do I use to yank em out with?? It's on an S25DA.

There is a thread out there on this subject. I don't remember the brand name but there is a little tool like a screwdriver with an adjustable sharp thing that you hook in the seal (through the rubber), stick the pivot in the end of the crank and pry against the crank end to pop them right out.

Found the numbers on that Craftsman I picked up. It is the Craftsman version of the Poulan 3000. Thanks for all the info guys.

sawpic007.jpg

was out looking for a new project today and pulled this out of a junk pile, guy was persistent on getting my $40 and he succeeded.

sawpic006.jpg

This is what I found inside, my first Poulan.

sawpic005.jpg
sawpic004.jpg

It looks as if everything is there other than the air filter, I pulled the muffler and the piston and cylinder look good and has lots of compression. I am thinking all I need will be new AV, a carb kit, new spark plug boot, a air filter, and a 20" bar and chain. If someone has a IPL for this saw it would be greatly appreciated. My yellow fever may be acquiring a hint of green.

sawpic007.jpg

was out looking for a new project today and pulled this out of a junk pile, guy was persistent on getting my $40 and he succeeded.

sawpic006.jpg

sawpic005.jpg
sawpic004.jpg

It looks as if everything is there other than the air filter, I pulled the muffler and the piston and cylinder look good and has lots of compression. I am thinking all I need will be new AV, a carb kit, new spark plug boot, a air filter, and a 20" bar and chain. If someone has a IPL for this saw it would be greatly appreciated. My yellow fever may be acquiring a hint of green.

One HELLOVA first Poulan to have, great saw if the P/C is good. IPL can be found online at www.sepw.com

sawpic007.jpg

sawpic006.jpg

sawpic005.jpg
sawpic004.jpg

Nice find!! The 4000 is one of favorites:clap: PM me your email address, and I'll send ya copy of the IPL & a service manual.
:cheers:
Gregg,

sawpic007.jpg

sawpic006.jpg

sawpic005.jpg
sawpic004.jpg

Nice first Poulan! That saw is well respected around here.

Latest posts

Back