Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have a source for 330, 3750/380 piston and cylinders?. I should have purchased them years ago before they become unavailable but as always other things to spend money on like kids. LOL

What was busted on the 365 recoil? Just the starter pawls? Pulley? Shell, spring?

Thats something that needs to be being made in aftermarket IMO. Pulleys 2800, 3750, 365 series = 3 pulleys right there.
Im pretty sure it was the pulley, there is a plastic bar that comes out of the pulley to contact the starter pawls when you pull the rope, the plastic of the pulley busted and that piece fell out.

On my 4200 and 5200 I use 5/16" OD X 3/16" ID Tygon and a heavy filter. I know Mark had adaptors that thread into the tank hole made so he could run 5/16 X 3/16 OD from the adaptor to the carb and 1/4" OD X 1/8" ID (I think) inside the tank.

The 8500 I have has a smaller hole in the tank so I ran 1/4" OD X 1/8" ID all the way. It's a bit of a challenge even with some heat to get that line over the carb barb.
I like the more heavily weighted filters like this for the heavier fuel lines.
610-006_L.jpg

Im pretty sure it was the pulley, there is a plastic bar that comes out of the pulley to contact the starter pawls when you pull the rope, the plastic of the pulley busted and that piece fell out.

Should be a metal piece that is on top of the pulley and the plastic pawls slides out on.

Another guy on my CR site had a pulley break on his 3.7 365 too. He couldnt find a pulley either.
I found one and offered it to him knowing he needed one.

On my 4200 and 5200 I use 5/16" OD X 3/16" ID Tygon and a heavy filter. I know Mark had adaptors that thread into the tank hole made so he could run 5/16 X 3/16 OD from the adaptor to the carb and 1/4" OD X 1/8" ID (I think) inside the tank.

The 8500 I have has a smaller hole in the tank so I ran 1/4" OD X 1/8" ID all the way. It's a bit of a challenge even with some heat to get that line over the carb barb.
I like the more heavily weighted filters like this for the heavier fuel lines.
View attachment 538136

Tim, would you happen to know the part# to the stens and walbro filter like this?

Does anyone have a source for 330, 3750/380 piston and cylinders?. I should have purchased them years ago before they become unavailable but as always other things to spend money on like kids. LOL

There is some on ebay. New and used. Only 54cc no 60cc. The 60cc get snagged quick!

I finished cleaning up the case halves and reinstalled the crank. The PTO side is a little tricky because of the step. You almost can't have anything above the step or it sticks in the bearings. I have been using masking tape. Got the PTO side in and slapped the FW side on. Then I realized the arrow was pointing towards the carb area, which happened to be right in front of me. Fortunately, this was a dry run assembly as I found more sealant in new an interesting places and had cleaned it off. So I removed the crank and wiped out the crankcase, and was reassembling when I made the arrow, err, error. Tomorrow is a new day, let's try again!

I have 2 saws I am looking to get running and both need either a piston and ring or I might could get by with just a ring. I can't seem to find the parts anywhere online. Any of you fine fellows know where I might look? The saws are a Poulan Pro 335 and a Poulan 3300.

I have 2 saws I am looking to get running and both need either a piston and ring or I might could get by with just a ring. I can't seem to find the parts anywhere online. Any of you fine fellows know where I might look? The saws are a Poulan Pro 335 and a Poulan 3300.

You can use a PP330 piston in your 335 far as I know. Its availiable from Poulan http://www.ordertree.com/poulan/partfinder/results/?src=ari&ProductID=530071321&ProductQlfr=PLN

3300 pistons are NLA but interestingly 335 cylinders are availiable which will bolt to the 3300 and again could use a PP330 piston

Sure
254cfa0ee98119c9a611601bffebd854.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

In Vermont cutting firewood and used among other saws my old 3400 that I bought new, years ago. Noticed the when on its side( clutch side down) that bar oil was leaking out the oil tank vent hole. Cotter pin is in and I never recall this being an issue. Any thoughts?

In Vermont cutting firewood and used among other saws my old 3400 that I bought new, years ago. Noticed the when on its side( clutch side down) that bar oil was leaking out the oil tank vent hole. Cotter pin is in and I never recall this being an issue. Any thoughts?

The cotter pins do tend to turn in the hole from vibration and wallow out the hole some. The fix is a larger cotter pin. Someone else had the same issue. I though maybe the old pin could be pulled out and a larger new one inserted and the tabs bent over with a piece of wooden dowel but apparently not. You may have to spit the case. I have a few that do the same thing.

Remember Christine the car? This is my Christine the chainsaw. Took a while to get the leak between the carb adaptor plate and the carb fixed. Had it going. The carb was kitted and cleaned and the next day the metering needle stuck open. It dumped a lot of mix into the crankcase. I dried the plug, drained the tank and fired it up. It chugged along for about 1-1/2 minutes using up the fuel in the crankcase. It seems to run fine now and starts easily. I feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. A bit rough cosmetically.

Anyone have a spike they can scan as a pdf file and send it to me?

DSCF3153.JPG DSCF3154.JPG

Back