Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
45ed0f97bea08ed06d14aa2e98971959.jpg

I've been saving this for a while in case I need it.
It was on a tank I bought to replace a leaker.

I have a big disc grinder/sander with a table at 90* that I use for grinding flat the bars and clutches that are worn uneven. So Heimannm that clutch can be salvaged.

Pretty good compression on the 365 but the 3400 not too good. Maybe just a set of rings is all it needs. Those 3400 never really had great compression to start with but they have a lot of squish in them so eliminating a base gasket can help some and sanding a little off the bottom of the cylinder helps even more.

Thanks again to everyone so far.

JJ - is the Power Sharp chain 3/8" or .404? I would be interested in a loop or two as I have a McCulloch 2-10 PS with a very early curved stone to sharpen the chain. You have to reach under the running saw with the chain moving to release the latch and let the stone contact the chain...unnerving to say the least.

IMG_3862.JPG

IMG_3863.JPG

IMG_3863.JPG

Mark

You have to reach under the running saw with the chain moving to release the latch and let the stone contact the chain...

That's when the guy who likes to be on the wrong end of a two-man saw comes in handy.

Retired -(unemployed then gave up) so many hobbies, so little time. How did I ever find the time for work? Hi guys. Had both hips replaced and am doing well, can now step over a log without crying in pain. I have been gone a while, but I am still a Poulan guy. But the big Huskies are kind of cool.....LOL. Need to take the time to hang out here a bit. Motorcycles dominated my time once I could get a leg over them again. Now over that. Into air rifles....lol
1.JPG

Thanks again to everyone so far.

JJ - is the Power Sharp chain 3/8" or .404? I would be interested in a loop or two as I have a McCulloch 2-10 PS with a very early curved stone to sharpen the chain. You have to reach under the running saw with the chain moving to release the latch and let the stone contact the chain...unnerving to say the least.

Mark

I didnt buy it. I had no use for it when I was at the dealers place.
Dealer on my site has the partial 25' roll and was wanting to sell the roll.

All I know is the box had 91 LX on it.

I didnt buy it. I had no use for it when I was at the dealers place.
Dealer on my site has the partial 25' roll and was wanting to sell the roll.

All I know is the box had 91 LX on it.
Offer him $25, it really is not practical to use anymore.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Working on a 475, is there an easy way to get the chain brake spring back into the clutch cover housing? Large sea clamp or brake clamp etc?

Working on a 475, is there an easy way to get the chain brake spring back into the clutch cover housing? Large sea clamp or brake clamp etc?

475 dont have a the band in the clutch cover. Just 3 bolts to side of crankcase. If I got the amount right.

I use a flat screwdriver to push the spring home in the brake housing that bolts to crankcase.

475048042 002.JPG

Latest posts

Back